Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good bike fitter in DC area?
Quote | Reply
Seems like a good fit is worth the money, but a bad fit is worthless at best and at worst, can cause injury or slow you down.

So any recommendations for the greater Washington, D.C. area? How often do people tend to get re-fit?
Thanks
SS
Quote Reply
Re: Good bike fitter in DC area? [sandtiger steve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take a ride out to Edgewater (Annapolis) and visit Stu at Parvilla. He is an amazing fitter and uses Returl with the Guru DFU. It costs about $300 but immensely worth it. Plan to spend 4-5 hours there.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris Richardson Bike Doctor Waldorf. Worth the drive, 20 years experience and uses Guru and Fist certified. Read reviews on Yelp.

mikebikefit.com
Facebook: Cordova Bicycle Fitting
F.I.S.T Certified
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Stone at Princeton Sports up in Columbia, MD. He uses Specialized's BG fit system; great guy even better bike fitter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.cyclelifeusa.com/

Yeah, they're worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: Good bike fitter in DC area? [Danielg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sport fit lab in Herndon Virginia.

http://www.sportfit-lab.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Good bike fitter in DC area? [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on Stu. No one better in the area.
Quote Reply
Re: Good bike fitter in DC area? [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macho Grande wrote:
Plan to spend 4-5 hours there.

Bob

That might be the best bike fit in the world, but that much time is ridiculous unless it includes a foot massage and pedicure. He trying to outdo Dave Greenfield?
Quote Reply
Re: Good bike fitter in DC area? [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stu doesn't just plop you on the bike and start measuring. He talks to you and wants to understand who you are as an athlete, your background, and your goals. It's a conversation and a relationship. He radically changed my position and I can say that the goals I set for IMMD and IMCHOO are completely doable with this new position. Had we not talked I doubt that would have come out.

Not many things in life are worth $340 and you get nothing material but Stu was worth every penny.

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Good bike fitter in DC area? [mc.cycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used both Parvilla and Waldorf Bike Dr, and I think both will produce good results. I prefer working with Chris Richardson at Bike Dr.
Quote Reply
Re: Good bike fitter in DC area? [mc.cycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mc.cycles wrote:
Chris Richardson Bike Doctor Waldorf. Worth the drive, 20 years experience and uses Guru and Fist certified. Read reviews on Yelp.

This.
Quote Reply
Re: Good bike fitter in DC area? [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know not in DC, but close in Richmond, VA. His name is Dave Luscan, I know he has a national championship under his belt, he is a local coach, and is overall one of the most knowledgeable athlete/coaches on the east coast.

His website is appropriately www.davidluscan.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Good bike fitter in DC area? [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for Bike Doc Waldorf with the GURU system

Quote Reply