Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Goldilocks Saddle Quest--OVER!!!
Quote | Reply
Well its my turn to find just the right saddle. Not too hard and not too soft for my sensitive manly sackajawea. I dont know how the girls do it with all 'those sensitive parts' down there but I'm sure its worse. My current saddle is a Specialized Romin which makes me feel like a cat licked my taint for 45 minutes followed by a pissed off Sebastian Janikowski steel toe kick to the junk. Not good.

Here's what I'm looking at:

Specialized Sitero Pro
Bontrager Hilo RXL Speed Dial
Some version of Adamo
Cobb JOF 55

Anyone recently try out one or some of these bad boys? I've been searching the archives and not finding a ton on the Cobb 55 yet but its pretty new...

Thanks

Update! I received the Cobb JOF 55 this week and installed per the instructions. All I can say is after a few minutes on the saddle I immediately felt more comfortable in the aero position and upright. I don't want to over sell this saddle but it was an immediate improvement for me. Mind you I have never owned this type of saddle where one rides on the front edge of the saddle but it just works great for me right out of the box. I've only had one 20 min session on it and was more than pleased. I'll be spending a lot more time on it in the upcoming weeks so any issues should arise it will give me plenty of time to return the saddle with Cobbs generous return policy. My taint is smiling so big right now!!
Last edited by: 1xatbandcamp: Jan 11, 14 10:43
Quote Reply
Re: Goldilocks Saddle Quest [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've tried just about every "normal" saddle in some capacity... seriously, I can't think of anything outside of Dash.

Top choices to try would be: Adamo Attack and the Cobb JOF 55. They are easily the top options. Both have different feels.

I have the Attack (after trying 6 different ISMs for a longer period of time). Mostly bc I tried the Cobb right before a race and didn't want to switch. The Cobb sits narrower in the 'special' place; not too much but damn close and I didn't want to find myself numb during a race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a long journey. The prologue is the only ISM to work for me. The cobbs were too wide and I hate red....JOF looks interesting though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The easy call is the Cobb. 6 month trial. If it doesn't work, send it back. Then try the others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried out the sitero, didn't work for me. I think I gave it enough miles, but wasn't gonna happen.

just ended a 6 month tour of the attack. Lots of long rides including a 70.3. It was pretty good in aero but some days unbearable out of aero ( i rarely do a flat tri). Miami was good, but silverman would suck. The way my sitbones sat on the top rims of the saddle just created skin irritation and consistent cyst production (painful)

So i've reverted to my planet x arione knockoff, waiting for the fizik tritone to arrive. that saddle is fairly comfy, except in aero when it shoves up against me, hoping this one works
Last edited by: ChrisM: Jan 6, 14 15:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
other alternatives to at least look into:
Selle SMP(i have the Evolution)
Selle San Marco(i have the Aspide Arrowhead Open)

"...I try not to ever ride as slow as 20mph. ;) ... And even more than that, I don't race with a speedometer. My computer is set up to show Power // Cadence // Time. I don't actually ever know how fast I'm going. I only know that if I'm in 53/11, and it takes more than 100rpm to hit my target watts, it's time to coast." - Jordan Rapp on '09 IMC
Quote Reply
Re: Goldilocks Saddle Quest [cwg_at_opc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ordered the Cobb JOF today. Will report back with my findings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been riding a Cobb JOF for almost 2 months now almost all on the trainer. I had a V-flow on there that while much better than my Bontrager OEM saddle, it still caused soem saddle sores and numbness. The JOF isn't perfect, but at zone 2 and higher efforts I cna stay planted on my trainer for at least 30 minutes before I sit up or stand up for 30 seconds or so. I think that's as close as I'm going to get. I have doen a 2 hour trainer ride all in aero position and minimal numbness and no saddle sores. Actually I cant; remeber when I've ever ridden 2 hours without at least some minor saddle sores developing. I'm also riding 5 days a week now, so I should be starting to notice soem issues.... but nothing.

No longer outdoor rides yet. I thing the width is a good compromise. While being a little wider might fit my sit bones slightly better, it would then be too wide to ride comfortably and would run my inner thighs.

I have played around with the angle and it keeps getting better as I tilt it further up. I also notice that if it's not tilted high enough, I can really feel it in my shoulders having to push me back.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Goldilocks Saddle Quest [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have the bont hilo...not the adjustable...but the standard split nose. i moved from it to a cobb...rode it for a while but always looking for something better...digging the cobb right now

pm me if you are interested...happy to send pics

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Goldilocks Saddle Quest [tskeltonpga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Posted update (see above) thank you for all the suggestions.
Quote Reply
Re: Goldilocks Saddle Quest [T.Skelton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What saddle have you settled on? I have the hilo and just tried the jof for a 3 min ride. Is raining here, so not sure what I'm going to do,.
Quote Reply
Re: Goldilocks Saddle Quest [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shimano Aero fuel. IT is awesome. Wider than Bont saddle but still can sit back on it. Honestly I have done some bike/run bricks and just left speedo on. It's a great saddle...for me.

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply