Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Goggle Setup
Quote | Reply
Not sure if I'm just retarded or what the deal is, but I've been having a devil of a time getting a good set of goggles for swimming.

I've primarily been using Speedo Vanquishers the past year or so, with relatively good success. The first pair's seal crapped out on me after a couple of months, and then had repeating problems with some of the plastic pieces parts. Worst of all were the nasty rings it left around my eyes after a spell in the pool.

Six or seven weeks ago, I bought a couple of pair of Tyr Socket Rocket 2.0 and enjoyed them for about a month; the left eye piece will not seal to my face, at all.

Saturday, I purchased a pair of Nike Remo II goggles, which I find essentially identical to the Vanquishers: minor lens differences for where the head strap loops through is all I can tell, apart from the Swoosh logo. Trouble is, I still get ring around the eyeballs. A good seal, though, and my head position seems to be better...or at least it feels that way.

That said, does anyone have any sort of advice on adjusting Socket Rockets or other Swedish style goggles? I've not had real time to talk with anyone at the local swim shop (D&J), given their proximity to where I live & all. With racing season coming up fast, I'd really like to get this taken care of lickity-split.//d[i][/i]

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Re: Goggle Setup [off242] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about swedish - always thought they just worked or not for someone.

Rings around the eyes are just inevitable for some. I have a hard time with goggle fit. Found a style that worked over 25 yrs ago and still use that style. Have tried many others with poor results.

Anyhow, I get rings if I swim long enuff - nuthin I can do about it. No big deal - it goes away.
Quote Reply
Re: Goggle Setup [off242] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posted a thread on goggles a while back. I had gone through sooooooo many goggles and it was becoming expensive. I went with the general consensus from the forum that the Aquasphere Kaiman's is the way to go. I tried them and I fell in love with them. They are truly a fantastic goggle.

Quote | Reply
One thing is to make sure you don't try and make the head strap for Swedes/Socket Rockets too tight. They don't "suck" to your face like normal goggles do...they just sort of sit there. You might also have the nose strap not quite right.
Quote Reply
Re: Goggle Setup [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]One thing is to make sure you don't try and make the head strap for Swedes/Socket Rockets too tight. They don't "suck" to your face like normal goggles do...they just sort of sit there. You might also have the nose strap not quite right.[/reply]

yeah, i've tried the elastic & string nose straps with equal outcomes. guess i'll just have to settle for not being able to have that ultra-cool swimmer look in the pool with the swedish goggles. good thing i can still pull it off on the bike. :)

thanks for the replies.//d

#cureMS
Quote Reply