Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gatorade Endurance
Quote | Reply
Anybody using Gatorade Endurance for long bike sessions? I am planning an ironman next year and want to get used to what will be on the course. I have been using GU2O with carbopro added to it for my bike but don't want to carry enough to cover 112 miles. Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Endurance [jon9687] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump...

I can't find anyone who's selling right now. Everyone is out.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Endurance [triguywillie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a thing from Gatorade for a free bottle.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I buy it at Publix, a grocery store here in Fl. It is premixed and is sold in 34oz bottles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pre-mix is all over the place, but the powder is pretty much non-existant.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Endurance [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I meant the powder.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Endurance [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found the powder at an expo last year. Hit up a large expo for a tri or a marathon, I think it was about $20 for the can, makes about 5.5 gallons.

There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Endurance [r7950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got the free coupon too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
got the free coupon too and I get it at pavillions. used it at IMAZ and before that and loved it. It was warm in arizona and used it with a couple of salt tabs. no problem, i think it's great stuff and started using it because it is the course drink.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it for long bike sessions just before my races (1/2 irons). Maybe my last long bike before the race. Otherwise, I'm using the same flavor of REGULAR Gatorade during normal training. Haven't had any G.I. issues.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it. Works great. It has a lot of sodium, which is #1 for me. Plus, as much hype as is given to maltodextrin for the ability mix it in very high concentrations, it is actually the sugar combination in Gatorade that has the highest absorption and oxidation rate at ~1.4g/min. So you may be able to make a maltodextrin-based drink stronger, but Gatorade is going to be the drink that actually delivers the most usable calories to your body.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Endurance [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slow down Jordan.....

Are you saying you are NOT adding Carbo-Pro to your Gatorade Endurance? Better to saturate the gatorade mix (I'm assuming you mean the powder) rather than use maltodextrin? More info please.....

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Endurance [Diesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone else adding Carbo-Pro to Gatorade? I'm adding 1 scoop per 24 oz to make my bottles 250 calories each, sometimes more depending on the event.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know where you can buy it online?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used it at Boston last week. It worked great. I actually had a GU abut mile 16 and had stomach problems after that for about 3 miles. Went back to the gatorade endurance and was set. Very pleased. By the way, I train with my own mix of Infinit Nutrition which has similar sodium levels and more calories. The lower calories in the gatorade was not a problem. No stomach sloshing (drank 4-6 oz every 1-2 miles), no bathroom problems and no dehydration/bonk. Should work great on the bike with higher calorie level.

--Brian

"We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." --Chief Seattle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am absolutely adding carbopro to gatorade endurance. Four or five scoops in a 20 oz bottle and you have yourself a nice ~700 calorie per bottle source of fuel for a long ride. Take a swig every so often and wash it down with plenty of water from your other bottle ... and then only worry about replentishing your water (which is much easier to find). The strategy even worked for me in the heat at IMWisc last year.

And where to find Gat. End.? I get my powder the same place I get the CarboPro ... Trisports.com. The premix tastes better though, and I have never understood why.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gaorade is good stuff. Good science behind it and easy to find.

I am always amazed at the number of people who go straight for the exoctic combos before trying the simple stuff that will be plentiful on race day.
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Endurance [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with you. I've been doing this along time and I've always just used Gatorade.

I sucked when I started, and I pretty much still suck now - but it ain't 'cause what's in my water bottle.

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto that, I can't find it anywhere online. Tri-sports says it's on backorder until mid-May? I don't know if Gatorade is changing their distribution strategy or if they just f'd up the supply chain management, but it made me go check out the Powerbar Endurance mix ... so far not too bad. Electrolyte content about the same as GE.

-------------
"Knowledge is good" - Emil Faber
Quote Reply
Re: Gatorade Endurance [Strider124] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Gatorade online store doesn't even have any.
Quote Reply