Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Garmin going to Sh!t
Quote | Reply
Not impressed..

Offline again
We are experiencing issues with Garmin Connect. Our team is actively investigating the issue. Please visit our status page for updates. Thanks for your continued patience.
Error
Sorry, but it appears that an error occurred.
What To Do Now?
  • Refresh this page
  • Hit the back button on your browser and try the action again
  • Return to this page in a few minutes

http://RoadID.com/...te/4HC4V-TAFQ9XPJDTX
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin going to Sh!t [BigCheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never understood why people use the stock feature of products like garmin connect. Does garmin have a way of making money off of connect? It seems like just a basic 'feature' they whipped together to say they have it. I always thought that if you're advanced enough to the point where using a garmin is going to help your training in any way then you're probably already on Strava or TraininPeaks or some other online training log that allows you to upload straight from a garmin.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin going to Sh!t [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Wrong thread....http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t_reply;so=ASC;mh=50[/quote[/url]]

Win right here!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What exactly is the issue most people are experiencing?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin going to Sh!t [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the moment, Search isn't working for me. I've emailed Garmin Support.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a problem to with my Garmin 510. I was downloading some data and and now my Garmin screen says the software is missing. I cant seem to make it function anymore and Garmin Connect was no help at all. The new download just ruined my Garmin. Has anyone experienced this issue and fixed it?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin going to Sh!t [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the "share" feature working for anyone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Works fine for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin going to Sh!t [spintela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spintela wrote:
I have a problem to with my Garmin 510. I was downloading some data and and now my Garmin screen says the software is missing. I cant seem to make it function anymore and Garmin Connect was no help at all. The new download just ruined my Garmin. Has anyone experienced this issue and fixed it?

Check out the Garmin 510 forum...

This post

or this thread

HTH

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lost a 19 mile base run on Monday. Gone from the 910xt, nowhere to be seen on GC. It almost feels like I didn't do it :'(

On a wider Garmin Connect note, who designed their "records" feature? It seems stupid to me that I don't have a fastest km or mile record simply because I've never gone out on a 1km or 1 mile run. For each new activity, why can't it calculate the fastest segment corresponding to each record distance and compare it to the current record?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has there ever been a time when it worked?

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin going to Sh!t [habbywall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes...and no. I think what people want to be able to do, maybe it is just me though, is upload to Garmin and then use the sync feature to spit the activity out to TP/Strava etc.

That's all I use GC for, it's just the mechanism by which I upload activities for syncing to other services. And updating devices of course. If I could use wireless sync from my Garmin devices to TP or Strava I probably wouldn't use GC.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin going to Sh!t [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
On a wider Garmin Connect note, who designed their "records" feature? It seems stupid to me that I don't have a fastest km or mile record simply because I've never gone out on a 1km or 1 mile run. For each new activity, why can't it calculate the fastest segment corresponding to each record distance and compare it to the current record?

Yes. I've never understood this and it drives me crazy. My fastest 40k shows 1:30 and that was an easy recovery ride. It's bullshit that the software can't extrapolate data and compare it to existing records.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin going to Sh!t [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny, it does that for me on my 5k,10k half mary records. All from one long run
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin going to Sh!t [habbywall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
habbywall wrote:
I never understood why people use the stock feature of products like garmin connect.

For me it works as a great central hub and have no plans of changing that.

Example anything done on my 910 or 800 automatically syncs there then goes to strava, training peaks and my fitness pal. If I import trainer road data that also syncs to all of them. Now if I spend an hour lifting weights I don't need that in strava, I do need it in training peaks and is nice to have it in my fitness pal, it syncs to those perfectly after a manual entry. Anything I enter in my phone to my fitness pal syncs to garmin and syncs to training peaks, I just use it for food no direct inputs there for activities.

Other than the hiccups lately it works perfectly for what I need it to do and I am not aware of any other single application that allows me to do that.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin going to Sh!t [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
Funny, it does that for me on my 5k,10k half mary records. All from one long run

Interesting. Can you think of any settings or sync configurations you have changed that might have resulted in this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. It does it on its own....................just went to garmin connect. It does not have my 10k half mary on there that it said on my watch at the end of my long run yesterday. Although my run is recorded on garmin connect
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin going to Sh!t [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any one know the number of entries the 910 will take? Last upload was on the 10th and I have added 8 activities since then.

Mine also does the 5k 10k thing when it works.

One thing very strange is that it records my laps as Malaysia when the route is clearly in Singapore

http://RoadID.com/...te/4HC4V-TAFQ9XPJDTX
Last edited by: BigCheese: Jan 17, 15 14:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are not "going to shit". Garmin have always been very consistent: excellent hardware, shit software. Nothing new.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin going to Sh!t [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
They are not "going to shit". Garmin have always been very consistent: excellent hardware, shit software.
I.e. "Garmin is still [the] shit."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:

My 910 did this as well. You had to run/bike basically the exact distance to get a record. On the 920, it will take "segments" of longer activities. In fact, my record mile, 5k, 10k, and half marathon are all off of the same run.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin going to Sh!t [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ditto this, excellent hardware
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might be worth looking in the folder where files are stored prior to being transferred to garmin connect. (Quick google will tell you where this is) Have had to pull them out of here numerous times when I had 'delete from device when transferred' selected on the watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigCheese wrote:
Any one know the number of entries the 910 will take?

I think it's more an issue of overall data memory than a specific number of sessions.
An IM race will obviously use more storage space than a 30 minute run.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there's no set amount of recording time either. Somebody using a power meter plus HR strap will use up more data per hour than somebody using just one or neither of those.
Quote Reply

Prev Next