Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin fried in lightning at LP…???
Quote | Reply
Any one else have some really weird data off of their Garmin at IMLP.

I assume it was the electrical storm, but my power numbers were laughable, ridiculous, and impossible. Wondered if this was just my unit or if others had corrupted data.

For instance my peak power was 10,400 watts, my normalized power was 3100 watts, and my average power for the race was about 1400 watts. It just struck me as a strange malfunction.

BTW I normally have an FTP of about 290 watts, and the previous 2 ironman races I did I had average power of about 220 watts.

Thoughts? Is there a fix? I haven't had a chance to see the garmin in action since….

-Michael Myette
Racing for RocklinEnduranceSports Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin fried in lightning at LP…??? [mmyette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My power meter wasn't working and still isn't. It worked fine the day. I called quark and they s as I'd to try putting the battery in backwards to reset but that didn't work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i used a wired powertap and little yellow computer. i was kind of worried about it in the rain. it wouldn't pick up the hub transmissions until i got to Keene, but worked fine after that. The numbers are all pretty low - unfortunately due to some malfunction in the rider :-(

perhaps you could post your data to Strava and just be declared 'king of every mountain everywhere forever'.

run well, run happy
george
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin fried in lightning at LP…??? [georgereid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha ha! It's hard to reconcile the 17.8 mph average with the power numbers.....

-Michael Myette
Racing for RocklinEnduranceSports Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
must have been hauling a Winnebago :-)

run well, run happy
george
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin fried in lightning at LP…??? [georgereid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was it reading normal during the race? Sounds like the power value got pegged at the high end of the scale at some point.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply