Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year
Quote | Reply
This is was we heard today in the EU, anyone in the US got their pedals??
Last week we were told shipping would begin this week and now they say 'delayed until 2nd week of January'. Why even bother to say last week shipping would begin this week. At that time you must knowas a company this was not gonna happen if you are now going to delay the first delivery batch 8 weeks from now.

I just don't get this from companies.

Jeroen
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's very disappointing, but I think it's a good thing for me at least, as it should force me into continuing with my current setup for next season and stop me making any rash purchases over Christmas!

To me it sounds an awful lot like manufacturing QC issues; some units seem to be shipping but in extremely limited quantities.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I share your frustration. My pre-order from Clever Training was supposed to ship last week, and on the day it was supposed to go out I got an e-mail saying the shipment had pushed to mid-Dec. From what I understand, they did get in a small quantity of Vector 3's, so some folks should be starting to get them. I have the same suspicions regarding some sort of QC problem, but I've worked in manufacturing operations long enough to know that contract manufacturers can screw you in a million different ways. It could just be a shortage of one tiny little component that's holding up the entire manufacturing process.

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
..... attempts to get more information from Garmin forums.... they decide to crash with a CDN "We're sorry...." message. Hmmm.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava | Web
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked mine up today from my LBS.

They are a Garmin Dealer, still took 3-4 week from the time I ordered them.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always find it funny how a single line by a single person on a single post from a single LBS elsewhere quickly rebounds around the internet as fact.

No, it's not true. Vector 3 continues to ship. As noted by someone above this very post, units are shipping weekly and landing peoples hands. Clever Training for example got a shipment last week that went out, and then got another shipment yesterday that went out.

That all ignores the previous 5 weeks of shipping of units, starting with units at Kona (of all places).

Are they shipping as fast and as in as much volume as they want? No, of course not. But it's simply not 'delayed until next year'...cause...ya know, it's already shipping out every week.


-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can blame the "delayed until next year" rumor on Garmin customer service directly. I contacted them to see what the current status of Vector 3 availability was after my order pushed out to mid-Dec, and their response to me was that they were, in fact, experiencing significant delays and that my order would likely push again to late Dec or early Jan.

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which isn't the same as all units being delayed till January. It's just that yours is.

(As an aside, for whatever reason, Garmin has always fulfilled Garmin.com pretty much last. Somewhat odd I agree, but just the way the cookie tends to crumble, fwiw.)


-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent! All I'm seeing is shipping delays... and pushing out of backorders in AU.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava | Web
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, certainly non-US seems to be getting less units. Though I saw comments from someone just this morning in Australia getting their Vector 3. I can't remember off-hand which retailer it was.


-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree 100%, and knowing that some are shipping is actually comforting to know. *That* information was only gleaned from this forum.

FWIW - Garmin were very forthcoming about the fact that they ship to their major retailers (like REI) before they ship via direct sales on their website. This is why I ordered from REI initially, and then Clever Training when REI canceled my pre-order.

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkatsoudas wrote:
You can blame the "delayed until next year" rumor on Garmin customer service directly. I contacted them to see what the current status of Vector 3 availability was after my order pushed out to mid-Dec, and their response to me was that they were, in fact, experiencing significant delays and that my order would likely push again to late Dec or early Jan.

You got the info from the horse's mouth, which is exactly what the original poster should have done instead of bellyaching on the forum with vague information.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fwiw - CT basically sent all Vector 3 folks a note saying new date is December. They do that each Wednesday. Then on Thursday or Friday they turn around and send ship notices to a set of folks, and then again on Monday.

They've always been super conservative. Because they can't 100% know exactly when and what # of units Garmin is shipping them till they have an invoice/tracking number, they just err on the side of caution. But I think something like 50-75% of back orders were taken care of over the last week.


-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkatsoudas wrote:
I agree 100%, and knowing that some are shipping is actually comforting to know. *That* information was only gleaned from this forum.

FWIW - Garmin were very forthcoming about the fact that they ship to their major retailers (like REI) before they ship via direct sales on their website. This is why I ordered from REI initially, and then Clever Training when REI canceled my pre-order.

FWIW, mine came from Endurance House
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker wrote:
[/quote]I always find it funny how a single line by a single person on a single post from a single LBS elsewhere quickly rebounds around the internet as fact.

No, it's not true. Vector 3 continues to ship. As noted by someone above this very post, units are shipping weekly and landing peoples hands. Clever Training for example got a shipment last week that went out, and then got another shipment yesterday that went out.

That all ignores the previous 5 weeks of shipping of units, starting with units at Kona (of all places).

Are they shipping as fast and as in as much volume as they want? No, of course not. But it's simply not 'delayed until next year'...cause...ya know, it's already shipping out every week.[/quote]

Well, the fact is that this was told by us by Garmin Customer Service and this was information for all the EU. No country in the EU would get any stock until 2nd week of January. So, yes, if Garmin CS tells me this for me that is a fact. The reason I posted was to see if the US customers do get Vector 3 units shipped. Maybe I should have that put a little more clear, true. I was likely a bit annoyed by Garmin.

But you are actually right, I shouldn't have taken the information from Garmin CS for a fact as they just told us and several of our customers as well last week that shipping would begin this week. And 'this week' they say all EU shipping are delayed until 2nd week of January. This I just don't get from companies! Tell you completely different information just a week apart and we look like a fool to our customers when we tell them this. That is unfortunately a fact.

Jeroen

Edit: And just a moment ago we hear that they do actually start shipping pre-orders in really small quanties and the information that they gave yesterday was based on orders they accept from now on. This was not the case for pre-orders that were put in earlier.
Last edited by: tri-run: Nov 15, 17 2:22
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NealH wrote:
jkatsoudas wrote:
You can blame the "delayed until next year" rumor on Garmin customer service directly. I contacted them to see what the current status of Vector 3 availability was after my order pushed out to mid-Dec, and their response to me was that they were, in fact, experiencing significant delays and that my order would likely push again to late Dec or early Jan.


You got the info from the horse's mouth, which is exactly what the original poster should have done instead of bellyaching on the forum with vague information.


Sorry, but my info came directly from Garmin Customer Service. See my post above.
Last edited by: tri-run: Nov 15, 17 7:38
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are currently shipping Vector 3 systems to retailers, though a high initial demand for the product has created a backorder situation and caused some delays in Vector 3 availability. Production is well underway and we are working hard to fulfill backorders as quickly as possible. We totally understand the frustration while you wait to receive your set, and appreciate your patience.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [Shawn@Garmin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shawn, thanks for chiming in and updating us on Vector 3 availability. I think most people understand the it's a new product and will initially be in short supply. What most of us are perplexed about is the poor communication on projected availability, both from retailers presumably getting their delivery information from Garmin, as well as from Garmin directly. The whole "your order will ship tomorrow... no, wait it'll ship in mid-January... no wait, it might ship next week" thing is just a self-inflicted wound.

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [Shawn@Garmin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shawn, thanks for replying. It is what jkatsoudas above is saying. I can understand that with the launch of a new product delays or other things happen. But it is impossible to work with information supplied by Garmin CS that tell us and our customers one week on Friday that they will be sending units to us and tell on the Tuesday after that Friday a completely different story. Which we need to inform to our pre-ordering customers as well. And then a day later again comes with new shipping information.

Make sure information provided is more accurate. But good to hear units are shipping.

Thanks,

Jeroen
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got an email from Evans in uk apparently mine are being delivered tomorrow
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 delayed until mid January next year [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received mine from Clever Training early last week (pre-ordered back in Sept).
Quote Reply