Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Garmin Vector 3
Quote | Reply
Anyone know why the big delay for releasing the Garmin Vector 3? Was planning to purchase for winter training but concerned...
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [Mike J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine at a local bike shop last week and I love ‘em!

I hope you get yours soon!
Last edited by: Iron_monkey: Dec 9, 17 6:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was another post here and if I recall correctly it was that demand was higher than anticipated. I ordered mine and they arrived in about 3 weeks.

Just order them and best case you will have them before The end of the year. Worst case they will arrive early to mid January.

Also I read somewhere that Garmin for whatever reason ships to its distributors prior to fulfilling their own orders. So if you do order, order from Power meter city or clever training or some other online type place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's no delay - local distributors get first round of shipments.
I got mine from Brickwell Cycling & Multisports and they still have a few in stock (but not for long).
Check them out at brickwell.com or give them a call and they can get you set up with the Vectors =)

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [chanthony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chanthony wrote:
There's no delay

How do you know there is 'no' delay, just because you got them? That means no delay for anyone else because you have them?

My LBS in Italy, and my old one in Germany, are Garmin official resellers and neither have been able to get stock.

There's a big delay.

FWIW I ordered the Assioma instead, gave up waiting.
Last edited by: bluefever: Dec 9, 17 7:25
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess it's all relative! =P

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are shipping, albeit quite slowly due to high demand, or lower than anticipated production, or both. I pre-ordered back in late October and just got mine a few days ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They were delayed in initial shipping about 2-3 weeks roughly. They started shipping at Kona (Oct 14th), and then did a relatively slow increase in production for about a month, so while going out - nothing huge in terms of volume each week. However, most distribution channels saw a pretty big spike in units delivered back about 10 days ago.

Garmin.com orders are, as usual, fulfilled last. In general, if retailers/etc didn't place their orders back in August, then they're basically at the end of a big line - doesn't much matter where that retailer is globally for the most part. Fwiw, I know that Clever Training US caught up/shipped with I think every backorder as of yesterday, and I think they're still anticipating the Europe side getting all remaining backorders cleared next week.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for the posts - turns out my LBS received a pair yesterday and I bought them this morning. Plan to give them a spin while watching IM Championship on TV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
got mine at the LBS about 10 days ago... first ride with them today on my new bike. Just got home have not even looked at the data yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i ordered mine through the online retailer that dc rainmaker is linked up to. mine were delivered today.

too bad im away from home for work for a week and a half.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got mine today. Is it as simple as putting the pedals on and they sinc up? I have a Garmin 735 and Garmin Connect on my I phone 6. I’m not all that technical so hope this is intuitive.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [mndiver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, pretty much as simple as installing them with a pedal wrench and then on your FR735 going into sensors and searching for a power meters.

After you've done so, it'll likely prompt you to enter your crank length - so be sure to do that. And then it'll prompt you to do a zero offset. That's it.

For slightly increased accuracy I'd do a quick 4-8 second sprint on them 1-2 times after install. On a trainer is fine. Just helps settle things.

-
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey DCR (and All),

I had Vector 1. They were okay. It was annoying to do the zero offset / calibration with the pedals at 3 and 9 o’clock at the start of every ride, and the backpedal after every clip in. Do you still need to do that with Vector 3?

I have InfoCrank now. None of that messing about. It’s great.

Samuel Arthur Medway
Perth, Western Australia
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [SamuelMedway] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No need with Vector 3.

As always, doing a zero offset is useful for validating nothing is funky, but unit also auto zeros every time you power on.

-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SamuelMedway wrote:
Hey DCR (and All),

I had Vector 1. They were okay. It was annoying to do the zero offset / calibration with the pedals at 3 and 9 o’clock at the start of every ride, and the backpedal after every clip in. Do you still need to do that with Vector 3?

I have InfoCrank now. None of that messing about. It’s great.

I've had a set of Vector 1's since their original launch. The requirement for backpedaling and zero offset at the start of every ride went away with a new firmware update pretty early on. You no longer have to do that, even with the 1's'. I upgraded my 1's to 2's with new pods about 6 months ago when one of the original pods died, and install is now a bit easier. Now that I have a set of 3's I'm looking forward to being able to install without a torque wrench and no pods, but that's honestly about the only real functional difference in my mind.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks DCR.

Samuel Arthur Medway
Perth, Western Australia
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks jkat.

I never knew.

Samuel Arthur Medway
Perth, Western Australia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike J wrote:
Anyone know why the big delay for releasing the Garmin Vector 3? Was planning to purchase for winter training but concerned...

In case anyone is interested....bicycle doctor has them in stock and are selling them for $810 shipped. Just bought a pair today. Thought it was a pretty good deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just been informed it's now mid Jan 18 for Australia.....
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [sticky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sticky wrote:
Just been informed it's now mid Jan 18 for Australia.....

Pre-order placed on Nov 24th from Johnny Appleseed GPS arrived today (Ballarat, AU).

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone that has received their Vector 3's had an issue pairing them to the Mobile Garmin Connect? I have successfully paired them to my Edge 520 but can not get them to pair with my phone for some reason.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
struggling to purchase from usual retailers in UK

Now showing first quarter of 2018

was hoping to have for start of 2018 ;-(
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [stivrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered mine a couple weeks ago from Clever Training, took about 2 weeks to get.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClarkWGriz wrote:
I ordered mine a couple weeks ago from Clever Training, took about 2 weeks to get.

thanks just checked says mid jan delivery better than other retailers

just worried once they get you money you have to wait

cheers
Quote Reply

Prev Next