Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Edge 1000
Quote | Reply
So, my Garmin 810 flew off my bike last week, no idea how that happened, I had the K-Edge thingy, and it seemed pretty tight. The ring part that is on the handlebar stayed on. Anyway, pretty sure I was not going to find it on the highway, and was told that the 810 had been discontinued? so, purchased the 1000. I would have been ok with the 510, and it's a bit bigger than the 500, but I have poor eyesight, and having 5 items on the screen, I wouldn't be able to see them.

I like the 1000 so far, though it's really big, looks like a phone on my bars, but the wi-fi is not working. Doesn't even see my WiFi network. I have not seen much online about this, though I did see this issue mentioned with other Garmin devices that supposedly support Wi-Fi.

Anyone else experience this? My network is an Apple Time Capsule.

I find that sensor and GPS access are VERY FAST

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Edge 1000 [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 810 is not discontinued. Actually, it just got a permanent price reduction of $100 down to $399. I'm guessing that whoever sold you that lie also was selling the $600 Edge 1000?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that you have had your 1000 a while what do you think?

As for your wifi. Do you have your wifi network hidden? Nest products have a problem with finding hidden networks, just something to consider.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Edge 1000 [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loving the 1000, among the favourite is how quick it gets the GPS signal and the sensors. I don't think my WiFI is hidden as all my other devices find it. Haven't needed it enough to make a strong effort to resolve it.

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have one since June - haven't had the wifi issue though. I love the bigger screen - seems very strange going back to the smaller 510 on the tribike. My main issue with it - is due to its size it doesn't fit on too many bikes (it is very long). It would be great if Garmin came out with some more mounting options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about the 1000 but with the 620 you need to connect it to your PC and use the desktop app to configure the WiFi (enter the key).
Quote Reply