Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Connect really?
Quote | Reply
Anyone else having issues with the Garmin Connect site. It see's my devices in Garmin Connect and in Garmin Express but will not upload. At this point it is all manual uploads and it is not showing any reports on the week? any suggestions as Garmin support is brutal, they said they would e-mail me in three days and that was a week ago. Might have to go back to Polar.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect really? [askimdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Took me three tries this morning. Although it shouldn't matter, I used the charger connection to my Mac vs doing in wirelessly. It keep powering my device off for some reason.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect really? [gnewton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Garmin Express is useless, keeps telling me there are updates as well and all my devices are updated!! Why can't one company get this right? I have a few Polar devices but I have to switch back and forth from Polarpersonaltrainer to Polar flow which is a pain in the ass and just when I thought Garmin had it right this happens!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had problems last week when Garmin Express installed an update. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and it's seemed to work fine since. I've had to do this before when it inexplicably stops working.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been having a similar (or perhaps the same) issue. GE can load from my watch to the computer, but not up to the site.
Check that the file is on your computer. If so, simply upload those files manually. It adds a stupid step, but still gets the job done.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect really? [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was having the same issues…did a hard restart of the 310XT and has worked since then…will lose any data not transferred over prior.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uninstall Garmin Express and all the problems go away!

They said it would be fun…fun they said

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may not help the uploads, but I had major issues with the interface under the "new view". I only use classic.

Paul
Current Top 2:
7 Things Non-cyclists Should Know About Road Cycling
The GORUCK Challenge Ruined My Life
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a lot of problems with connecting devices with the new interface. If I go to the "classic" interface all the problems go away.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect really? [Clempson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK call me ignorant but where do I switch to classic? Thanks'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when you are in activities/courses/workouts ect just remove "modern" from the web address

new "modern" interface: http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activities
classic interface: http://connect.garmin.com/activities
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect really? [Clempson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well that was easy! Thanks. All my reports are back too!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, the new Garmin Express is shiit. Had tons of problems with it and with the modern interface. Switched back to the good old classic and everything is good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know if it's my 310xt or garmin connect. I have to factory reset my forerunner every few months to send data. If I don't I can get it to send but I have to set my ANT agent to pair with new devices, same with the garmin, every single time I want to sync data. If I factory reset it's fine for a few months then it happens again.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've spent about two hours today trying to upload this a.m.'s Trainer Road workout. De natha.... First time I've had trouble, but sheezh....

Btw, I ordered the new Ant Stick. Is anyone else using it and is it better than the old one? (I went through three of the old style.)

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect really? [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Garmin cutting out Training Peaks uploads? I finally got my data uploaded and it loaded to Garmin Connect but not to Device Agent or WKO (Or TP online). I hope that isn't happening....

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect really? [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, they are. You will no longer have .fit files stored locally on your computer with Garmin Express.

I'm surprised more people are not upset about this and DCRainmaker hasn't said anything about it. Your workouts will be sent directly to Garmin where hopefully you'll have the option to still export a TCX file. TCX files however, lack a LOT of the detail available in the .fit format. Swims for instance are just length times, no pool length, stroke type, rest time, etc. That's why swims uploaded as TCX suck so hard.

It's a play to get you confined to the Garmin ecosystem. Super lame.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect really? [amclean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that's true I may decide to opt out of Garmin's products. I don't like it at all. Rookie move....

-Robert

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect really? [amclean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amclean wrote:
Yes, they are. You will no longer have .fit files stored locally on your computer with Garmin Express.

That was just with the first version of Garmin Express, now the files are stored locally again: https://support.garmin.com/...d5f4-000000000000%7D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garmin Connect Modern version is giving the wrong TIME for my workouts.
Is there any way to permanantly switch back to CLASSIC?
I know they are forcing modern at some point but for now ......... with modern GC, it gives the wrong TIME (5 hours early) while using classic does not.
When I log on to GC, it automatically takes me to the MODERN view.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect really? [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Y-Tri wrote:
Garmin Connect Modern version is giving the wrong TIME for my workouts.
Is there any way to permanantly switch back to CLASSIC?
I know they are forcing modern at some point but for now ......... with modern GC, it gives the wrong TIME (5 hours early) while using classic does not.
When I log on to GC, it automatically takes me to the MODERN view.
Thanks!

Time zone problem? Are you EST? Make sure your profile is set to the right time zone at http://connect.garmin.com/modern/settings
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect really? [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Bookmark your dashboard page in classic view (actually, I have bookmarked the calendar page)
2. Don't log out
3. Upload as normal. Then use your bookmark to navigate to GC.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply