Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Connect Calendar -> Google Calendar
Quote | Reply
Hi folks,

I'm sure many users here have a Garmin device, and are familiar with the Garmin Connect website.
I have a marathon coming up end May and I notice Garmin Connect has some good 16-week training plans, which I added to my Garmin Connect calendar.

I have been searching the forums and other websites on how to do this, but there doesn't seem to be an answer.
Is there anyway to export this training calendar on Garmin Connect into Google Calendars or gmail, so I can sync it over to my phone and have all my workout schedules and details on my phone? (Using a Nokia Lumia which supports syncing of Google accounts)

Anyone else using any other smartphone that syncs with Google and may possibly have a solution short of entering 16 weeks worth of workout details into my phone's calendar manually? :(

Cheers!

--------------
"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't."
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect Calendar -> Google Calendar [imjustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BUMP - I'm looking at the half marathon advanced plan - would love to export to my google calendar. Any Garmin reps out there?

Trying to find that old 60 min / 40k tt split!
http://www.supergosam.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect Calendar -> Google Calendar [supergosam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrainingPeaks makes it very easy :)

My Blog | Twitter | Big Pistachio Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is now -

http://connect.garmin.com/help/whatsnew

Export the iCalendar (ics) file from your Garmin connect calendar and in google calendar under 'other calendars' use the 'import calendar' function.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect Calendar -> Google Calendar [microspawn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a note. Google calendars doesn't sync on command to .ical calendars like the iphone, so if you make a change it may take 12-24 hours to show up on your subscribed icals in google. I've been frustrated by this many times, so just a heads up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Founder: BestBikeSplit
Amazonian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is awesome I was wondering when they were going to release this... it's all about integration.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will check this out.
Thanks a dozen!!

--------------
"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if you found a solution yet, but this is certainly possible to export Garmin Training plans to Google Calendar.
  1. select a training plan on garmin connect
  2. publish the calendar and copy the URL link
  3. under the "other calendars" widget in Google Calendar, pull down the drop down menu and select "Add by URL"
  4. add the calendar after pasting the Garmin Calendar URL to Google Calendar

I've posted the detailed steps (with screenshots) on my wordpress blog http://darrenchen.info/?p=83

Good luck with your training!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect Calendar -> Google Calendar [cyberjunkie21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyberjunkie21 wrote:
TrainingPeaks makes it very easy :)

No it doesn't. It uses ics files to get the events into Google calendar and that doesn't sync.

I wrote an app that does it though. Two way syncing so if I move an event in Google calendar it moves it in TP too.
Quote Reply