Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 955 Wrist Strap Swimming Issue Fix
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys. When swimming in ocean with waves, the wrist strap seems to constantly unravel from the position of the end band that tidies the parallel strap. I worry that because of this, the locking mechanism may come undone with the pressure of the water turbulence. Does anyone have solutions? Was thinking of using a small rubber band to do the trick. However a little annoyed that an expensive watch might not already have the remedy and that I have to resort to household items to fix. Does Garmin make other non-stock straps that work here? Wondering if anyone has had this problem and what solutions they have found. Thanks. Chris

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Last edited by: TriChris14: Jul 25, 23 9:34
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 955 Wrist Strap Swimming Issue Fix [TriChris14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What happens if you push the loop closer to the clasp? I never leave mine on the outermost hole - it's always at least halfway to the clasp.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 955 Wrist Strap Swimming Issue Fix [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve never had that issue but recently swapped to this style strap I got from Amazon and it’s way better. Definitely would recommend and it’s way more secure so shouldn’t have the problem you are having. I’ve swam in the ocean like 15-20 times with it and no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/...sp_bia_rpt_ba_s_1_sc

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Last edited by: theyellowcarguy: Jul 25, 23 11:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As mentioned, place the end band further back towards the clasp.

Some bands have two end bands to help with this issue. You can always buy spares on ebay or amazon.

https://m.media-amazon.com/...UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have not had that problem with my 955.

The little band loop has a rubber post on the inside that sticks out and is meant to plug into a pin hole and stay secure. By any chance, is the loop rotated 180° so the little pin is on the underside of the band? If so, spin it back to the top, and you should be good to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 955 Wrist Strap Swimming Issue Fix [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It seems to either 'default' to that, OR come undone (leaving only the clasp). However, when too close to the clasp it creates a weird sort of drag I'd rather not have.

Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 955 Wrist Strap Swimming Issue Fix [theyellowcarguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate this. Buying it now ;)

Thank you very much.

Quote Reply