Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 910 not pairing with gsc-10
Quote | Reply
I'm sure there's already a post I just can't seem to find it. If anyone has an answer or can redirect me that'd be awesome.

I have a Garmin 910 and I got the gsc-10 cadence sensor but I can't get it to pair with the wheel magnet! I changed the battery and have tried running the test but it isn't working. It will flash red when the pedal magnet passes but nothing happens when the magnet passes on the wheel.

Anyone else have this issue/know any solutions?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910 not pairing with gsc-10 [hboertje] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had 2 of them just completely die and quit transmitting an ANT+ signal. Actually I'm pretty certain that the no flash on the wheel magnet is what both of them were doing.

Are you having the 910 actively try and discover it?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910 not pairing with gsc-10 [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you say 2 of them died, do you mean the magnet or the actual sensor?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910 not pairing with gsc-10 [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also on my 910 it says cadence/sensor detected but when I start pedaling it says I'm going 1mph
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How close is the arm from the magnet? Mine does not need to be super close, but certainly within 1cm.
If your speed reads low, either the wheel diameter is way wrong or it only picks up the pass very rarely (likely due to weak magnet-can get stronger ones or too far distance).
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910 not pairing with gsc-10 [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's super close! I read on some other forums people have had similar issues and have played with taking the battery out, putting in upside down and then putting it in correctly but nothing has worked.

Just wanted to see if anyone on here has any other suggestions!

Or what the potential problem could be
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the sensor settings (on the 910), is the Spd/Cad box checked? (There is also: Spd only, Cad only, Spd and Cad...you don't want any of those.)

That doesn't explain why the green LED isn't lighting up, but who knows...it may be burned out or just not too visible. It is a rather weak light.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hboertje wrote:
When you say 2 of them died, do you mean the magnet or the actual sensor?

The actual sensors died. Magnets seemed fine. If the test button doesn't work, I'd say it's toast. Also call Garmin, they surprise me sometimes with over-the-top good customer service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When the battery starts to go, the speed detection is lost first. You can also tell the battery is low if the red LED comes on when you press the button but the green one is very dim or not visible at all. But, if the green LED illuminates properly when you press the button but then it doesn't flash when the wheel magnet goes by the arm, then it's probably that the reed switch in the arm is broken.

Note that after you press the button it will only flash the LED for about the first 20 or 30 passes of the magnet(s). After that you're on your own until you press the button again.

Less is more.
Quote Reply