Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Game on! Pimp my recovery/HIM training schedule
Quote | Reply
Howdy all,

I'm a happy camper now, I got the OK to resume riding the trainer and swimming (and pool running) as of yesterday, so I already did 45 mins easy on the trainer last nite, and again this am. Whoopie!!!!!! I'll probably pool run and/or swim some laps later today.

So, here's my dilemna: I have only 4 weeks until Timberman. I probably won't be able to run for real at all next week (ankle is still a bit sore and swollen, but much better than it had been), and of course the week prior to the race is for tapering, so realistically I only have the first 2 weeks of August to really crank it up again.

The good news: Prior to the ankle sprain, I was at an all-time best in fitness on the bike, and nearly so on the run. But, the bad news, I've now had 10 days of zero aerobic activity since then. And will be limited to pool running in lieu of real running for at least another week.

So, next week I plan to ramp it back up on the bike, and pool run and swim as much as my brain can handle. But, beyond that, I had (pre-injury) hoped to ramp my long run back up to 14m or 16m; and now that doesn't seem very realistic, or wise.

What would you suggest? What should I do for those 2 weeks? What *shouldn't* I do?

Thanks in advance!

-M

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Pimp my recovery/HIM training schedule [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*Bump* for the west coast crowd.

C'mon, nobody has any thoughts or suggestions?

I guess I need to post again in the What are you THINKING thread. Or change my screen name to TriHottieChick or something like that.

OK - now I really realy really am going to go to the gym and swim or pool run . No joking this time...

float , hammer , and jog

Last edited by: Murphy'sLaw: Jul 22, 05 12:15
Quote Reply