Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GFT lodging
Quote | Reply
This will be my first year at GFT. I'm trying to find a decent place to stay close to the event. There's a place called Vacation Villas that looks pretty good and reasonably priced. Has anyone stayed there? Is it a good deal or a roach motel? Any suggestions for lodging close to the race site?

Larry
Quote Reply
Re: GFT lodging [Larry Himmel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We actually stayed at a Marriot (I thinkit was the Wild Gate Marriot by Rennaissance in Kisseme)and it was really nice. It was probably 15 minutes away from the race sight but it had room service and was very clean. Something that a lot of hotels seem to be missing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stay in the Holiday Inn Express if you can get in. It's the only motel in town. The funny thing is that they have a sign up prohibiting bikes in the rooms. That goes pretty well ignored by most athletes. Why would I want a hotel room if I can't sleep with my bike? :)

---------------------------------------------
Everything changes, everything is connected; pay attention. -- Buddhism in 7 words
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've stayed at Vacation Village the last couple of years. Comfortable, reasonable, relatively close, pool, lake, full kitchen, friendly staff, they like triathletes. Great for families or a group of friends.
Quote Reply