Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Funny swimming stories...
Quote | Reply
Not mentioning the place, but today went open water swimming in a river in a city with a friend. We went on a mile swim down-river. A woman runner spots us and sees my friend evidently stop for a moment to site his line. I was finishing up the swim and he was back a little. I get out of the water and two policemen ask me where my friend is.
Evidently,the woman ran up to the police station and stated that children were swimming in the river and that one of them appeared to be drowning. Neither of us are children or anything close to it, and neither of us were in any way close to drowning although I was glad my form didn't appear to be of the "drowning" variety. I learned a lesson. Don't swim in the place I was swimming because people will call the cops and as it turned out the cops didn't want us swimming in this area in any case. I got the sense it had less to do with anything other than the fact they would probably have people reporting "drowning children" on a daily basis.

I thought this was funny and had to share.

Anyone else got a funny story like this one?
Quote Reply
Re: Funny swimming stories... [T1dawk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
enough funny stories here to last for hours: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
Quote Reply