Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fuji D6 2.0 Build
Quote | Reply
The Fuji D6 2.0 has been my dream bike for a few years now. I never thought I'd be able to afford one until I saw a frame in my size show up on eBay in July. I'm lucky enough to have an amazing wife who knew how badly I wanted this bike and was okay with me using some of our wedding money to buy the frame. I planned on building it throughout the winter so I had it ready for spring/summer and my first IM at Tremblant next August. Well, that didn't last very long. The more I looked at it the more I wanted to build it and when I discovered Flo wheels I wanted it built even more. So I started purchasing all the parts and after 4 months I was finally able to build it up last week. This is my first tri bike and I'm coming from a converted 2006 Fuji Newest 2.0

I'm riding a Flo 60/90 combo, full 11sp Ultegra 6800 group with Dura Ace 9000 shifters. The cockpit is a PD Prosvet basebar, T3+ carbon aero bars and semi-carbon brake levers, with an Easton EA90 stem. The saddle is the stock Oval one, but it's broken so I'll have to get a new one soon. I will probably throw on a Profile Designs rear rack, and bottle on the downtube and something in between the bars. We had some trouble with the cable routing, Fuji really made this difficult, and we couldn't go through the steerer tube for the front brake. That's why it's a little messy up there.

The bike rides like an absolute dream! It's such a smooth ride and handles great. The bike feels so perfect for me and we didn't even fit me to it. I got on and it just felt perfect. I'm hoping I can train well through the offseason and use this to bring me to the finish line in Tremblant!

http://postimg.org/gallery/5ttpohik/

This 18lbs 8oz was without chain, pedals, cables and tape.
Last edited by: teichs42: Nov 28, 13 10:51
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji D6 2.0 Build [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The d6 is a great looking bike! Nice work!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great looking bike!
Looks kinda like my dream bike, although I run the disc...:)
Nice to see there are more of us out there.

Quote Reply
Re: Fuji D6 2.0 Build [brynjulf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love it! I've probably only seen less than 10 of these at races. Can't wait to show it off!

Where was that pic taken? Beautiful!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also...how did you upload that pic?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Picture was taken at the Go Epic Kronborg Half Ironman race in my hometown Helsingør in Denmark in september. (Rumours are saying it will be an official Ironman 70.3 next year, great race).
I must admit I am tempted by the Fuji Norcom Straight though. Dont really like the aero bar or the cabling up front on my D6. My version has the front brake cable going through the top tube.
On the other side, the aero bar and front end cabling is also the only thing I dont like on the Norcom...:)

Insert Picture by clicking the "Insert Image" button to the far right in the box menu and copy in the url adress in the box that shows up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'll try it again.

I'm not crazy about the Norcom. I think the D6 was so smooth and sexy looking, and not like many other bikes, but the Norcom isn't as unique in my mind. I'm not crazy about my cabling situation either, but that's minor for me, everything else is just so perfect! I also really love my aero set up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a great looking bike. You did a great job on the color scheme. Thanks for posting the picture.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice build on the Fuji! My wife also has the D6...very nice bike. The only downside is that it's a PITA to wrench...then again, just about every superbike is nowadays...

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great!

I have a d6 pro. What brakes you running?

Oasis because there was a problem with the calipers that came stock on mine.I contacted the company and they sent me knew ones.

"Keep those feet moving!" Me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I kind of have a love/hate relationship with the D6. Love the way the bike looks, hate the bike itself. I had one and opted out of it for the Kestrel 4000. Also - if you have a savvy bike tech (I'm not, but the guy who works at the LBS is) - you can drill to get the cable on that front brake to go down the headtube - similar to the Norcom. Cleans things up quite a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji D6 2.0 Build [runnerwv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using the brakes that the guy I bought if from gave. They're Tektro TRP or something, I believe. Pretty sure they're stock.
Quote Reply
Re: Fuji D6 2.0 Build [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What don't you like about it? We tried running the cable down the steerer tube but after an hour we gave up. The cable guide was removed and we weren't able to get the cable all the way through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I routed the front cable externally also.. I got a thin wire to snake up the steer tube but was unable to get the brake cable to follow back thru.. ( 2 plus hours.. i even tried to put a guide tube in place without success.. It really sux that they didnt channel the fork better. it really needed to be made where the cable couldnt go past the hole in the fork when feeding the cable down the steer tube
Last edited by: ray h: Apr 28, 15 1:22
Quote Reply