Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Front wheel only -Flo 60
Quote | Reply
What kind of time savings can I expect using a Flo 60 front wheel compared to a stock 30 mm on a Felt B16? I have disc cover for the back wheel already.

For comparison sake, let's assume 20 MPH on a rolling HIM course for the stock 30mm with disc cover back set up.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Front wheel only -Flo 60 [NashinAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you look at this link and scroll down to about halfway, you'll see charts that show time savings of different FLO wheels vs a Mavic Open Pro at different speeds. (Based on their wind tunnel testing).
http://flocycling.blogspot.co.uk/...el-aerodynamics.html
The figures quoted are for a single wheel only and are independent of rider position etc.

I had a look at the FLO 60 over an IM at 20mph and it gives 537sec (8min 57s). Obviously your rim won't be aerodynamically identical to an Open Pro, but the quoted figure will put you in the ball park.
Last edited by: Liaman: Apr 28, 15 1:13
Quote Reply
Re: Front wheel only -Flo 60 [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 30mm wheel that came with your felt is probably a good bit better than the mavic open pro in the chart above.

If there is no wind, the difference will be relatively small.

If there is some crosswinds, the difference will be larger. Don't expect miracles from it either way.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know the numbers but I run a FLO60 front and disc cover on a 30mm rear training wheel. I know it's close enough to the fastest setups [for me] that I am 100% happy with it and have moved on to finding speed elsewhere.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.cyclingpowerlab.com/ComponentAerodynamics.aspx

Comic elites compared to Flo 60 at 40kph in a HIM would cost less than 1 minute. You would only have 1, so I guess it would be less than 1 minute difference.
I decided against it after seeing this information.
Quote Reply
Re: Front wheel only -Flo 60 [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kudos for posting that link. This is amazing.
Quote Reply