Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

From a Slice to a Shiv?
Quote | Reply
My beloved Slice developed a crack in the seat tube recently (was hit by a car last summer, no warranty due to the crash, insurance won't pay since the crack recently formed), and I need to find a trusty, new ride. I've searched the forums and read all the stack/reach articles, but would like some confirmation from those much more knowledgeable than me. I was fit 3.5 years ago, and I'm a freak.

My fit dumped out the following:

Frame stack/reach: 601/438 (so much leg)
Saddle Setback: 8mm
Eff STA: 80deg
Stem: 90mm, -7 deg

My Slice (non-RS) was an XL (567 stack, 435 reach). I'm considering the Shiv Tri XL frameset (590 stack, 445 reach). Is overshooting the reach by 7mm a big issue, or is it workable?

If there are any other glaring issues or watch-outs, let me know. I went through this process four years ago, and then purged all of the info from my head. Bad idea. Wondering if it's worthwhile to be re-fit, but I'm pretty sure I stopped growing long ago.
Quote Reply
Re: From a Slice to a Shiv? [Velvety] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can put the pads in the right place, frame reach has little meaning and talking about 7mm, even if in pad... I would like to see a blind test how many can actually tell the difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched from a 60cm slice to XL shiv. No problems. There is so much adjustability now with the bars.

83cm set height +
2cm spacers=10cm of drop, with no risers on the elbow pads.
Quote Reply
Re: From a Slice to a Shiv? [jjh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback/thoughts.

Looks like the hunt is on for a XL Shiv frameset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email me. Johnjhessian@gmail.com
I might have something for you
Quote Reply