Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships)
Quote | Reply
Can anyone confirm who is showing up at Barca next week. I see Frodo and Brownlee on the start list. It is supposed to be the 70.3 Euro championships (not that these guys care that much for the "KPR points").
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm betting that Alistair will skip it with the intention to be as ready as possible to help Jonny prepping for and racing at Leeds. With his crash today and only 5 regular season races left Jonny will need to get as many points as possible whenever possible to have a shot at the overall.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Can anyone confirm who is showing up at Barca next week. I see Frodo and Brownlee on the start list. It is supposed to be the 70.3 Euro championships (not that these guys care that much for the "KPR points").
Haven't seen any info that kienle is starting, Nilsson however will be there trying to defend his title. He had almost the exact same splits as frodo when he won but a slower t1+t2.
The three of them will prob exit t1 together so very interesting what happens after that, though my money is on brownlee if he decides to start.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guessing your right on AB. After 2 races at 70.3 and no competition, he's got to be looking forward to racing his brother again.
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hold out hope he'll show up, they mentioned something about him doing a race in Madrid ahead of Leeds on the stream today. As far as competition, don't leave out the possibility of him showing up just to race Frodo

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it a race if the other guy is behind you the entire way?

Seems like it would just a long training day for him with a paycheck at the end (which is always good)

Ride and run just hard enough to stay in front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Technically the Euro champs are in Denmark - this is the Tri Club Champs for Europe, Middle East and Africa. So not a huge race for the pros I wouldn't think.

Brent

devashish_paul wrote:

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
I'm betting that Alistair will skip it with the intention to be as ready as possible to help Jonny prepping for and racing at Leeds. With his crash today and only 5 regular season races left Jonny will need to get as many points as possible whenever possible to have a shot at the overall.

This is very interesting actually...with JB needing as many points as possible, will AB sacrifice his own race to help him, or just gun it to try and win the only ITU race he cares about?

I think there may be no help for JB on this one, but they'll work together until the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [splashrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
splashrunner wrote:
sciguy wrote:

This is very interesting actually...with JB needing as many points as possible, will AB sacrifice his own race to help him, or just gun it to try and win the only ITU race he cares about?

I think there may be no help for JB on this one, but they'll work together until the run.

No way AB is going to Leeds not to win, there's still plenty of races for Jonny to pick up points.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The better question for ST is how much sanders would have beat then by based on some claimed training numbers in a race he is not doing
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually yes and no. AB is almost certainly wanting to win Leeds, but no JB doesn't have any more races to not get max points.

5 races + GF

JB I don't think will score from yoko cus he was more than 5% from winner, and either way 42nd doesn't secure much points.

The big thing is that mola and JB will have to still race head to head to secure points. 1,1,8 is mola's current standings, so any other races will likely improve his 8th.

AB winning Leeds would actually help Mola as its one more lost opportunity for JB to get max points where as Mola now has 2 max points.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [splashrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is an interesting question. I'm sure they won't plan anything since so much can happen in an ITU race. But if they are running 1-2 at the end, who knows?
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [Barlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It be interesting to see how many of your Gomez, Mola, Murray show up at Leeds they know that course is suiting the Brownlees the pair of them put an absolute clinic on the rest of the field last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
splashrunner wrote:
sciguy wrote:

Have you forgotten AB dropping way back early on in the bike last year to give Jonny a tow up to the front group? I'm sure that would happen again especially with the current points situation for Jonny.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
splashrunner wrote:
sciguy wrote:

Have you forgotten AB dropping way back early on in the bike last year to give Jonny a tow up to the front group? I'm sure that would happen again especially with the current points situation for Jonny.

Oh not at all, I'm sure it would. But I'm not sure he would hold off on the run to make sure Jonny won. It's his only ITU race of the year for a reason - he cares about winning it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alistair has said several times that if Johnny wants to win when they're racing, he has to earn it. He won't fade purposely fi they hang together

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [Stevie G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stevie G wrote:
The better question for ST is how much sanders would have beat then by based on some claimed training numbers in a race he is not doing

Or seeing as I am not doing any racing, and I am bored out of my skull on weekends when Lionel is not racing and the Giro won't be on Stelvio that day, I could just buy him a plane ticket to Barcelona to add him into the mix just for my own (and ST's collective) entertainment factor. Truth be told, Lionel would get smoked badly on the Barcelona 70.3 technical bike course which is quite different from the IM draft fest course.
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Alistair has said several times that if Johnny wants to win when they're racing, he has to earn it. He won't fade purposely fi they hang together

Yeah he'd never intentionally let Jonny win over himself...............Oh wait:)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wish Sanders was going over for a rematch
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll say it again people are nuts if they think Aliaster would be using his only planned ITU race of the year in his home town to pilot Jonny, it's not going to happen! Once they come out of T2 they'll be rivals.
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remember the 2014 Grand Final when people thought AB would super-domestique Jonny? Once Jonny was clearly not getting rid of Gomez, big brother was off for the win.

Jonny has never beaten a healthy Alistair over Olympic distance. Had he not collapsed in Cozumel he would have, but I don't think that result can stand as beating him because of how it turned out.

As for Barcelona, I'd love to see an AB-Frodo showdown sooner rather than later but don't think it'll be this race, unfortunately.
Quote Reply
Re: Frodo+Brownlee+Kienle Smackdown at 70.3 Barcelona (Euro 70.3 championships) [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:

Pretty sure Lionel would agree that he would have no chance against Alistair in Barcelona. On that technical bike course Lionel gives away 7-10 min on the descents easily.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:

Pretty sure Lionel would agree that he would have no chance against Alistair in Barcelona. On that technical bike course Lionel gives away 7-10 min on the descents easily.

I'd say that s a gross exaggeration. Just my .02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:

I'd say that s a gross exaggeration. Just my .02

The descents in Barca are hyper technical. Lionel is a really bad bike handler by his own admission. He gave 4 min away to Drietz in Weisbaden last year and that course is no where as close to the techincal nature of the Barca course from what I am told....and we're talking about a gap to Brownlee who will ride the top of his stem if he has to eek out more of a lead, forget about "top tube safe".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:

Pretty sure Lionel would agree that he would have no chance against Alistair in a triathlon

FIFY.
Quote Reply

Prev Next