Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Frank Day - thanks
Quote | Reply
Thanks

[rant]

Now if we could get more participation in the UK market that'd be great. Tears for gears don't exactly seem to do very much.

Anyway here're a couple of triathlons that demo's would be great at.

http://www.thelondontriathlon.com/et.cfm?eid=1062

http://www.ironmanuk.com/

Coverage in London also seems to be non-existent. Condor cycles in London sell a lot of high end bikes (Serotta, Merlin, Litespeed, Colnago, Ferrari, etc) to the banker/lawyer/stockbroker set. Don't let that put you off as they're also the couriers' favourite through low prices and good service. They'd be a good place to start.

http://www.condorcycles.com/pages/about.htm (call Grant who owns/manages the place)

...and if you could have a word with BCF too. Yes, they're a bunch of amateurish pr*cks and half the reason cycling struggles so badly but they do control brish*t cycling.

http://www.bcf.uk.com/...uary/18_cranks.shtml

pity the fools who, despite never using your cranks, continue to criticise - they only look more and more like the idiots they are.

[/rant]
Quote Reply
Re: Frank Day - thanks [powercranker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
was this intended as a PM?
Quote Reply
Re: Frank Day - thanks [oneforty.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
was this intended as a PM?
no - more of an open letter of thanks with a bit of a personal rant against BCF. The gearsandtears.com bit may not be justified but as I've personally not seen a powercranks demo in the UK I'd guess they're not working very hard. Hence the Condor cycles bike shop recommendation - a high end bike/tri shop would probably atract more customers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The UK market place is very fickle, if loads of club mates haven't tried them and thought they were the dogs whats its no one buys them, I have had a set for over a year, people see you with them , ask what they are then take the P**s.

I remember getting into a chat with the guy from Gearsandtears selling them at the Triathlon Cycle Running show, he only had a small stand, but this cost over a £1000.

I have a very good friend who owns a Tri shop in Bath, asked if he sold them answer was, no pretty expensive and there isn't much profit, ended up buying from Gearsandtears.

For info BCF put all their tech money for stuff like this into SRMs

Trizilla...My local bike shop a few thousand Ks away

Speed Hurts ...How fast do you want to go
Quote Reply
Re: Frank Day - thanks [nimbleblade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The UK market place is very fickle.

Hence the need for more demo's at more events - piggybacking/sharing booths would be a better idea than trying to go it alone. Especially if booths at the TCR show are that expensive. Any idea how London cycle show/triathlon/skate week/etc compare?

Anyway, the more people that actually try them the more people will be convinced and buy them if they can afford them.

people taking the piss without using them just reinforces my opinion that they must be fools.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am led to believe that the booths at the London show were more expensive ( is London after all) as for IMUK if its anything like previous years if you are not Tri UK you don't get a look in.

I used Gearsandtears to try before I bought, made sure they were what I was after, initially looked at buying direct but would not have saved anything due to import duty VAT delivery etc.

They are going back on my bike after HIMUK, time to kill the hip flexors again

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
time to kill the hip flexors again
Uuuhhh - don't know what you mean - honest
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have weak hip flexors so always feel the burn for the first week or so that I am using them

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have weak hip flexors so always feel the burn for the first week or so that I am using them
whereas mine are so new and untried that I'm still in the phase where I can just about pedal for 5 minutes and then coast to recover, pedal for 5 and coast, repeat until too tired to repeat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. I think we are getting another major UK player on board soon, if not already. Andrew Weber does most of this stuff for us.

We don't have much control over this stuff as we can't be everywhere and it depends upon the motivation of the local guy, be it bikeshop or coach or whatever, to sell these things. Most bike shops just passively sit around and wait for the customer to come in and ask for them. Further, most don't understand them or see the benefit. The people who do the best job of selling these things for us are the coaches. We might get out of the bike shop sales business if they don't pick things up as they do little or nothing to sell them but we make much less profit on each sale.

I will put Andrew on this and see what we can do about increasing our presence over there.

Thanks again for the nice thoughts and ideas.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Frank Day - thanks [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks for the feedback. I think we are getting another major UK player on board soon, if not already. Andrew Weber does most of this stuff for us.

We don't have much control over this stuff as we can't be everywhere and it depends upon the motivation of the local guy, be it bikeshop or coach or whatever, to sell these things. Most bike shops just passively sit around and wait for the customer to come in and ask for them. Further, most don't understand them or see the benefit. The people who do the best job of selling these things for us are the coaches. We might get out of the bike shop sales business if they don't pick things up as they do little or nothing to sell them but we make much less profit on each sale.

I will put Andrew on this and see what we can do about increasing our presence over there.

Thanks again for the nice thoughts and ideas.

Frank
sweet - if you need a London volunteer to help demo the things send me an e-mail or PM. I'll probably regret it but it should silence some of the fools (and sell powercranks too). Hopefully, I'll also be more help than hindrance too.
Quote Reply