Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Frame Dilemma
Quote | Reply
I'm giving the Giant Trinity Alliance a look. I tested a medium on a 20 k TT last week. It was a great ride, but I had to reach for the bar end shifters on the stock Easton bars. Aside from reaching high and far for the shifters on the ugly as all hell bar, the fit was good and comfortable. The HT is 130, and I could probably put a shorter negative rise stem on and cut the unnecessarily long and ugly aero bar down. The dilemma is whether to try a small size with a 1.5 cm shorter HT and 2 cm shorter TT. I'll be using this bike for longer (1/2 and full I distance), as well as the occasional Oly and TT. The shop doesn't have a small in stock, so I'd have to order it. I'm currently set up on my road bike with the seat slammed forward on a zero setback post with about a 4 or 5 cm drop to the pads.
Anybody else already go through something similar? It's no big thing, just curious for feedback.
Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Frame Dilemma [jimmy d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am inbetween sizes for Cervelo which is the bike I'm looking at next. I'm inbetween a 54 and 51. Will probably go 51 based on some suggestions at a fitting I had recently.
Quote Reply
Re: Frame Dilemma [jimmy d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not plan on getting the bars changed to something like vision which have a nicer angle and don't stick up in the air?Though bear in mind that the easton pads are further back so you would have to change stem length as well. Vision Pads are also lower so would achieve some of the increased drop you are intetrested in.
Quote Reply
Re: Frame Dilemma [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call on the bars, and that was my plan as I detest those Easton bars. The Vision bars would likely move me to the smaller frame size, though I suppose I really need to get on it to determine fo' sho' .
Thw wheels are also history as I don't need another set of 2 kg hoops.
Quote Reply