Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Found my old training logs
Quote | Reply
The thread on training time made me look for these, from when I did my first triathlon in 1988 through my best year results-wise in 1993.

1988 (these are monthly totals!): January through May, between 33,000 and 45,000 yards swimming (and some lifting!), no biking or running. June through September, ~80,000yds total swimming, about 200 miles total biking, and all of 40 miles total running (plus about a dozen soccer games/practices). First sprint triathlon in September.

1993: dating a cyclist, no kids or demanding job. Averaged 10.7 hours/week from January through September: 10,700yds/week swimming, 88 miles/week biking/rollers, 17.5 miles/week running. Did 18:54 Oly swim split on a relay, 17:16 5K race (on a Wednesday, followed by a sprint tri on Saturday, a sprint run/swim/run on Sunday, a 3.5 mile road race (20:19) Tuesday, and my best triathlon finish ever in a sprint triathlon on Saturday), 5th in District Cat V road race, bunch of top ten sprint triathlons. Those were the days. I'll never be that fast in the water again, but I'm running just as fast, and biking faster today while swimming even less, and biking and running about 50% more.

I've never been a high-mileage kind of guy, obviously.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Found my old training logs [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny to look at old stuff, huh? I've tracked down some logs I kept in the late 80s...the 5k and 10k times are unapproachable for me now!! Also did lots more racing back then...couldn't do that now, either. Or at least not do that and hope to get out of bed easily ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just finished typing my notebook log into the computer one I use now so it's all in one place. I can remember almost all of the workouts.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
with more squats, just think of how fast you could have been.

Re: Found my old training logs [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, I was looking at mine from the late 60s when I was a HS swimmer, and in the early 70s I even kept track of nights out drinking (averaged 3-4 times a week) in college. No wonder I was a solid C student my first two years. Funny, even though I ran and cycled in HS and college my first cycling entry is in 1974, and run entry in 1976.
Quote Reply