Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Forum bugs update
Quote | Reply
 - Messages inbox search: now live
- View All within a thread: fixed
- Insert image into post: fixed

- Jump to post: not fixed: working on that.
- Line between post and sig: working on that.
- reply to PM: working on that.
- Forum background color: we're going to address this. Jordan had a great idea, and we're going to see if we can implement it.

Other stuff, it's in the queue. And, we have a whole new way of navigating search, and that's coming. Jordan and I will keep you updated on progress.

Please don't post here on stuff already discussed here in this post. That makes it harder on us to drill down on a list of things to work on. However, if something I tag as fixed above isn't fixed, let me know.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Forum bugs update [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right center ad broken link for graphic in Google chrome.

When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, you suffer.
Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Forum bugs update [WryMouth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, that's broken everywhere. working on that now.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
'views' tab on android phone is no longer there with update. Version 5.0 if that matters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Threaded view not working :-)

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- Insert image into post: fixed

It's still not working for me and a few other people. So far not working for some people in Mozilla, Chrome and IE. Not sure what the issue is.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This new website is starting to look good, but is this the right place to report sightings of cockroaches roaming the Lavender room?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watched Thread email contains text that is not a hot link (not clickable):

You can view the thread here: /forum/?post=5884590;page=unread#unread
Quote Reply
Re: Forum bugs update [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
inserting URL images or uploading images from PC didn't work for me either, about an hour ago (10 am Pacific), from either Firefox or Chrome on Windows 10 (I even tried enabling flash in both - no dice). I had to switch to the basic editor and type in the img shortcode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know if it's been covered, but when I search the classifieds for my add, the retrieved threads come up NOT in chronological order like they used to. So at the moment, without wading through multiple pages, I can't find what I'm looking for. I would imagine that would also be painful for someone looking for a particular item for sale. Thanks.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put a reply to OP or reply to thread link somewhere. Maybe I missed the link but it has always been annoying to have to reply to a post when you just want to make a post to a thread that is not a direct reply to another post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you code a sort by newly listed post since last viewing by member?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you search using the small search function on the right side, even if you have the dropdown set to "This forum", it still returns results from all forums. If you go into the full featured advanced search and choose just one forum, that works correctly and limits it to just one forum.
Quote Reply
Re: Forum bugs update [pacific] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to switch to the basic editor and type in the img shortcode

Just tried this and that worked for me as well. Can't post in the advanced editor though.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unless I am using it wrong (did have trouble before), searching in the classafieds is near impossible. Give results from 2008 then 2012 etc. If its not just me, is there a way to make the most recent posts at the top. I trend Garmin Edge 500 and after seeing the results left the page and bought one elsewhere on-line. Again may just be me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Breadcrumbs:

Home >Forum > Triathlon Forum > Forum bugs update

Home and forum take us to the forum. Shouldn't home go to the front page?

Also the forum has been pretty slow, on and off. Takes 30 seconds to open topics for example. Is there an index rebuild taking place or a backup or something along those lines?

This is a suggestion not a bug: add buttons to change font size, and add a button to change color scheme. Store the preferences in a cookie. It's pretty easy, and you'd make everyone happy rather than keep trying different fonts and color schemes until most vocal people stop complaining. ;) Or make fonts and colors an option in the user profile. This is suboptimal because then only logged-in users could take advantage of the customizations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not a bug, and it's only minor, but it would be good to have a "Back to Forum" button at the bottom of the page, not the top. I want to go back to the forum when I've finished reading the thread, and am hence at the bottom of the page. The old version had both.
Quote Reply
Re: Forum bugs update [rmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hit the back browser arrow.

On a computer? Right click and select Back. Or press the Backspace key. Or if your mouse has 4 or 5 buttons (two side buttons) the side buttons work for forward and back in a browser.
Quote Reply
Re: Forum bugs update [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair comment, though I don't think that refreshes the page, hence you don't see any new posts. As I said though, it's no major!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless I am wrong I can't find page numbers in threads.

TEAM ZOOT 2020
Quote Reply
Re: Forum bugs update [jhouckwsu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jhouckwsu wrote:
unless I am using it wrong (did have trouble before), searching in the classafieds is near impossible. Give results from 2008 then 2012 etc. If its not just me, is there a way to make the most recent posts at the top. I trend Garmin Edge 500 and after seeing the results left the page and bought one elsewhere on-line. Again may just be me

Not just you. I'm seeing this as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rmt wrote:
Fair comment, though I don't think that refreshes the page, hence you don't see any new posts. As I said though, it's no major!

Good point. The way I read forums is to continue returning to the topic list by hitting the back arrow and reading the (increasingly outdated) topic list until I'm done with anything that looks interesting, then go back one more time and hit refresh to see if anything new and interesting appeared since I started.
Quote Reply
Re: Forum bugs update [jeremyscarroll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeremyscarroll wrote:
jhouckwsu wrote:

Not just you. I'm seeing this as well.
Index needs to be rebuilt. The search does not really search the entire forum (or the entire internet / google). It would take way too long. Instead they continuously and slowly crawl the contents and build an index which is then quickly searched on demand. "These keywords appear in these places" so to speak. Like an index at the back of a textbook.

If the index is out of date, or is broken, then the search is out of date or broken. A full index rebuild is then necessary which is very time and computationally intensive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Extremely SLOW...

2. Link to embed pics... not present. (using Firefox on a Mac).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't post a new for sale item at all. Can add a subject, but not body copy. I tried on both Firefox and Chrome browsers.
Quote Reply

Prev Next