Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fort Lauderdale, FL - pools/run routes/etc
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be spending Christmas outside of Fort Lauderdale (Davie to be exact) and need to find somewhere to swim close by. Anyone have any good suggestions? Also, anyone have any good run routes for the area (other than ehading to the beach and running up and down A1A). Might also be down in Miami a few days so that may be an option too. Any help is good.

And one last thing...any good tri shops I should visit while I'm there...I need to get my fix even while away...and who knows what I may pick up and bring home!

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Re: Fort Lauderdale, FL - pools/run routes/etc [mileader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
head due EAST - big pool called THE ATLANTIC OCEAN - open all the time

;]

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh ya - is'nt the swimming hall of fame pool down in that area also??

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Fort Lauderdale, FL - pools/run routes/etc [Reddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks...but I'm going to be closer to the glades so I may head due west and swim with the gators! Will help me work on my speed in the water! The ocean/beach is a good 20+ min drive from where I'll be (on a good day with no traffic on the 595)...was hoping to find something closer.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in Davie. There's a great oly pool in Davie, at the Bamford Sports Complex. Only $3 to swim (they don't check residency). If you don't want to go east there are plenty of good bike/run routes, biking lanes in all of Weston, and lots of good running paths along canals, so sights are good. PM me and I can give you more details....
Quote Reply
Re: Fort Lauderdale, FL - pools/run routes/etc [tri143] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Just sent you a PM...and then realized that my question re the Pine Island Comm Ctr was already answered (didn't realize it was called the Bamford Sports Complex). But thanks for the help and any other info you might have.

Quote Reply
Re: Fort Lauderdale, FL - pools/run routes/etc [Reddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hall of Fame pools are a nice complex, but they get overrun by the college kids during the Christmas holiday.

I'm not sure what the public hours situation is, but I remember getting to swim at a nice 50M complex out in the Plantation area a couple of times.

And the Ocean Mile is a fun race if you're a reasonably competent swimmer. Some years, it's calm seas, other years, it's a double red flag kind of a day. It was my first open water race way back when and it was a lot of fun even with some really, really bad conditions.
Last edited by: FLA Jill: Dec 1, 05 13:03
Quote Reply
Re: Fort Lauderdale, FL - pools/run routes/etc [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a link for info on the pool in Plantation. Nice facility and very close to Davie.

http://www.swimmersguide.com/...tail.cfm?PoolID=2729

---------------------------------------------------------
"When you like suffering, when you like the pain in your legs and all your body; it means you are good."
-Ignatus Konovalovas
winner stage 21 TT 2009 Giro D'Italia
Quote Reply