Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

For those wondering just how much better the Garmin Forerunner 205 is compared to the 201...
Quote | Reply
The tracking is amazing. I ran on my regular stomping grounds through Mundy Park in Coquitlam (Vancouver), British Columbia. This forest is incredibly dense with large trees. With the Forerunner 201 I would loose the GPS signal immediately when entering the park. The 205 held the signal the whole time.

Quote | Reply
Have you tried seeing how it works in heavily urbanized(i.e. Business District with Tall Skyscrapers areas? I usually lose my signal there with older GPS models. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------
Tri-ing
Quote Reply
Re: For those wondering just how much better the Garmin Forerunner 205 is compared to the 201... [praks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Have you tried seeing how it works in heavily urbanized(i.e. Business District with Tall Skyscrapers areas? I usually lose my signal there with older GPS models. Thanks!
Yes. No problems in urban areas around skyscrapers. Trust me on this one...if I don't loose the signal in that park, it will great almost anywhere.

Quote | Reply
Does that unit come with the satellite image maps that you show on that post?

Thanks
Last edited by: Bonehead: Feb 26, 07 16:52
Quote Reply
Re: For those wondering just how much better the Garmin Forerunner 205 is compared to the 201... [praks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
BC forests make urban areas (with skyscrapers) seem like open fields.
Quote Reply