Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Flo Cycling Prototype Video and Pictures [Canadian] [ In reply to ]

Will the sticker depth match the wheel depth?

Your rear skewer should not be pointed rearward...

will there be extra decals for sale for our wheel covers?

Re: Flo Cycling Prototype Video and Pictures [Fletch] [ In reply to ]

Fletch wrote:

Stickers will come as you see them on the prototype wheels. Now I'm curious curious... Why should a rear skewer not be pointed rearward?

All the best,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling

Re: Flo Cycling Prototype Video and Pictures [SeasonsChange] [ In reply to ]

SeasonsChange wrote:
will there be extra decals for sale for our wheel covers?

They most certainly will!

Chris Thornham

Canadian wrote:
Fletch wrote:

Stickers will come as you see them on the prototype wheels. Now I'm curious curious... Why should a rear skewer not be pointed rearward?

All the best,
Should you ever be in a wreck, you want things "tucked" into the frame. This is more important in road/crit racing but I think it still holds true in Tri's as you can impale yourself (or wheel suckers!).
Along, just below or just above the chainstay is 99.9% as aero as rearward.

Re: Flo Cycling Prototype Video and Pictures [Fletch] [ In reply to ]

Fletch wrote:
Canadian wrote:
Fletch wrote:

All the best,

Should you ever be in a wreck, you want things "tucked" into the frame. This is more important in road/crit racing but I think it still holds true in Tri's as you can impale yourself (or wheel suckers!).
Along, just below or just above the chainstay is 99.9% as aero as rearward.

Cool. I guess you really do learn something new everyday. Thanks for the advice.

Chris Thornham

Re: Flo Cycling Prototype Video and Pictures [crud] [ In reply to ]

crud wrote:
Chris, Awesome looking product and really neat what you're doing with Flo.

Can you update us on the weight of the different wheels - understanding that they're still prototypes. Always a factor for me, however small, in the buying decision and where the wheels will be used. Thanks!

I had a chance to weight our prototype wheel last night. We are still working on sourcing some parts to make these lighter but nothing is a guarantee yet. Here are the current ROUGH weights which are pretty close to the other aero clinchers on the market.

Front 60mm - 895 grams
Rear 60mm - 1085 grams

Front 90mm - 975 grams
Rear 90mm - 1165 grams

Thanks for the patience,

Chris Thornham

Do you have the weight for the disc prototype ?

Also, how about selling a three wheels combo. ie 60/90/disc, 90/90/disc, and etc.

looking forward to the finish product!
Last edited by: joesmith: Mar 30, 11 8:03

Any pics of the 90 front?

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!

These look like great wheels and I'm guessing you'll have plenty of business. Last year I bought some Hed3 trispokes used and am happy with them, but if these come in at the prices you're shooting for, I'd be tempted to sell them on ebay and make a few hundred $ over the price of yours. Good job sticking with CX Ray spokes. For a spoked wheel, that's the spoke I want.

I think you're going to give SRAM and others a real run for their money.

I'll be interested to see how you deal with the spoke hole size and water drainage. it would be great if you could get precise enough to have spoke slots shaped similarly to the spokes instead of round holes.

Good luck. I'll definitely be watching.

Re: Flo Cycling Prototype Video and Pictures [joesmith] [ In reply to ]

joesmith wrote:
Do you have the weight for the disc prototype ?

Also, how about selling a three wheels combo. ie 60/90/disc, 90/90/disc, and etc.

looking forward to the finish product!

We don't have the weight of the disc yet. Are finalizing the disc mould and hope to have weights soon. I'll try and get an estimate tonight.

We have been planning to offer 3 wheel combos just as you mentioned. I think that makes perfect sense for a lot of athletes. Details on this will be out as soon as possible.

Thanks for the interest,

Chris Thornham

Re: Flo Cycling Prototype Video and Pictures [dfru] [ In reply to ]

dfru wrote:

Brent

We hope to have the front 90 complete and on the road tonight. I'll try and get some pictures up soon.

Chris Thornham

Re: Flo Cycling Prototype Video and Pictures [nilloc] [ In reply to ]

nilloc wrote:
These look like great wheels and I'm guessing you'll have plenty of business. Last year I bought some Hed3 trispokes used and am happy with them, but if these come in at the prices you're shooting for, I'd be tempted to sell them on ebay and make a few hundred $ over the price of yours. Good job sticking with CX Ray spokes. For a spoked wheel, that's the spoke I want.

I think you're going to give SRAM and others a real run for their money.

I'll be interested to see how you deal with the spoke hole size and water drainage. it would be great if you could get precise enough to have spoke slots shaped similarly to the spokes instead of round holes.

Good luck. I'll definitely be watching.

Thank you for the comments and compliments. I'm glad you are liking what you are seeing. We have the factory working on the spoke holes as we speak. The goal is to get them as small as possible.

Thanks again for the compliments. We hope to have some more pics up soon.

Chris Thornham

Not to start anything but your stickers look just like the ones I got on my hed disc

Re: Flo Cycling Prototype Video and Pictures [IHateYou] [ In reply to ]

But can you get the the HED in different colors or stealth?

Formerly DrD

IHateYou wrote:
Not to start anything but your stickers look just like the ones I got on my hed disc

We tried several designs and I understand your point. That said, there are really only so many ways to put a logo on the wheel. If we chose to use white lettering our wheels look like Zipp, or Reynolds or Williams... If we use the design like we have we look like HED and some of the other guys. I guess what I am saying is there is only so many ways to skin a cat.

One difference with our stickers will be the custom colors option that "DrD" already pointed out. You can see a sample of our color options on our blog here... http://bit.ly/hoDYRT

I hope you understand.

Take care,

Chris Thornham

Re: Flo Cycling Prototype Video and Pictures [dfru] [ In reply to ]

dfru wrote:

Brent

I've just added pictures and a video of the front FLO 90 to our blog. You can follow this link http://bit.ly/dNIAtH to find them.

Thanks again for the interest,

Chris Thornham

Very nice looking wheels! It will be nice to start seeing more of these in the transition areas and at the local time trials!

Re: Flo Cycling Prototype Video and Pictures [nicetri!] [ In reply to ]

nicetri! wrote:
Very nice looking wheels! It will be nice to start seeing more of these in the transition areas and at the local time trials!

I couldn't agree more ;). Thank you for the support and the kind words. It's greatly appreciated.

Chris Thornham

Keep it up guys. You're making my decision more and more difficult. 60/90 vs. 90/90

Formerly DrD

Re: Flo Cycling Prototype Video and Pictures [DrD] [ In reply to ]

DrD wrote:
Keep it up guys. You're making my decision more and more difficult. 60/90 vs. 90/90

Haha! That is a tough decision to make. The 60/90 combo is such a versatile combo in so many conditions but the 90/90 looks so good!

Chris Thornham

I've changed my mind based on your latest update...I think I could handle that 90 front on a fast windy descent (can't be any more sketchy than my HED3).

I'll take one of those please... ;)

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali

Canadian wrote:
DrD wrote:

Haha! That is a tough decision to make. The 60/90 combo is such a versatile combo in so many conditions but the 90/90 looks so good!

x2

And AFTER I make that decision, THEN I have to decide on colors!

Re: Flo Cycling Prototype Video and Pictures [JoeB] [ In reply to ]

It's probably gonna be the stealth logo for me.

Formerly DrD

IHateYou wrote:

This was already covered, and I'm not sure I really agree.

I actually like the simplicity of the graphics moreso than HED

Helios Racing

Prev Next