Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fizik Transiro Aeris VS Gebiomized Stride Saddle
Quote | Reply
First, I will be posting two saddle comparison posts.... this is one of them...

THE STORY:
I have tried 'split nose' saddles in the past in my mid 20s. I hated them - just could not get them from stopping to dig into my hamstring and making my leg numb. Cobb's faired the best in this category (although not quite 'split nose'),. In my investigation at the time (as my Fizik Arione was no longer working in the Tri position - I still ride them on my road bike), I managed to find and LOVE a Selle Italia SLR Tri Saddle. I've loved them ever since (mostly, or at least as much as one can love a saddle...). In the last few years however, I have come to find that we might not be made for each other anymore. NUMBNESS - in all the wrong places while in AERO position ONLY.

In reading all of Dan's articles and other pieces I can get my hands on, I have figured I am going to try a few saddles - ISM PR 2.0, BiSaddle (model unknown), an older Fizik Mistica, Fizik Transiro Aeris, and a Gebiomized Stride Saddle (I am presuming these last two need to be ridden with 'twig and berries on top and NOT in front').

THE QUESTIONS:
Fizik Transiro Aeris VS Gebiomized Stride Saddle - Anyone try both of these saddles? Which one has more cushion? Is there one of another that is a clear winner? And, why in your opinion?

Thanks for the help. Best, Chris

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Last edited by: TriChris14: Apr 14, 24 18:03
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Transiro Aeris VS Gebiomized Stride Saddle [TriChris14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not tried the fizik, but the Gebiomized stride WITH the custom DeSoto neoprene cover is the happiest I've been with tri saddle setup.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Transiro Aeris VS Gebiomized Stride Saddle [tri-tele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri-tele wrote:
I have not tried the fizik, but the Gebiomized stride WITH the custom DeSoto neoprene cover is the happiest I've been with tri saddle setup.
Interesting. I got a bike fit a few weeks ago and they allowed me to try the Stride to see how I liked it. Now, it did not have any cover, it was just as it come out of the box. For me, it was OK, but certainly not worth the price they're asking.

I actually picked up a lightly used Bontrager Aeolus Comp from Craigslist for $40 that I find just as comfortable. Maybe the cover makes all the difference? I don't know. But if that's the case, maybe the cover would make just about any saddle work?

I'm going to pick up a Fizik Argo Tempo from Amazon to try and see if it's any more comfortable. Don't really care that it's not tri-specific. My goal is only to be able to ride 112 miles and still be able to move my legs when I get off the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Definitely going to try it out then. Also, not sure I will be going for the neoprene cover. Quick question on that - do you think the neoprene makes you slide MORE or LESS or NO CHANGE? Asking because I am wondering if I can angle the saddle down further and yet stop slippage...

Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Transiro Aeris VS Gebiomized Stride Saddle [TriChris14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cover results in a touch higher coefficient of friction so yes, less slippage.

Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmnn... might try it....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:

I went from the ISM PN3.0 to the Gebiomized after I noticed some saddle sores appearing on my training rides. Never outdoors, but I think it's just holding position on the trainer. Gebiomized seemed a little better, but in time, some similar sore spots coming back. Wanting to get ahead of the issue I've now ordered the 3d printed Bisaddle (not setup yet). Nothing has been really bad in terms of soreness, but I just keep feeling like I can find something a little better.

I've had a fit and adjustment going into the ISM and also the Gebiomized, so I don't think it's a poor fit job.

Anyway, I'm replying to this idea of using a saddle cover. How much time do you spend on the trainer? Do you mind sharing your weight?
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Transiro Aeris VS Gebiomized Stride Saddle [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m 185 and do most of my TT bike riding on the trainer. Longest ride about 2 hours

Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue with the Gebiomied saddle. It was great until it immediately wasn't. I now have the saddle from Position One, and while I don't get any more sore spots I do get numbness on most rides. After IM TX I plan to try out the BiSaddle Hurricane Pro 3D.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
note that there are 2 different padding options on the stride - Soft and Neutral - so any opinions should be taken in context of the version used. that said, i understand most triathletes go for the soft.
there is also the syncros balcarra which is the same shape/shell but with their take on padding which i think is similar to the gebiomized soft.
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Transiro Aeris VS Gebiomized Stride Saddle [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you are the second person to mention the 3d printed bisaddle. What does the 3d printed saddle do for you over the conventional saddle and cover. I have to admit, I've not paid any attention to the 3d printed saddles because of cost, so I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Transiro Aeris VS Gebiomized Stride Saddle [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My general understanding, which matches my experience, is that more padding is not always good. It's counterintuitive but I find that it just distributes more pressure on soft bits that shouldn't be supporting weight. Instead, you should be relying on your pelvic bones to support your weight. I find tri shorts and suits, with their minimal padding, to be more comfortable compared to normal road bibs.

I have 3D printed saddles on my road and gravel bikes and find them to be pretty comfortable, but that's probably more due to the shape and position of the saddle. I'm quite sure I'd also like the regular versions. 3D printing does let manufacturers get more creative in where they place firmer and softer parts of the saddle, but the shape probably has more to do with comfort than the technology alone. I really only want the 3D printed version of the Bi-Saddle because a fool and his money are soon parted.
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Transiro Aeris VS Gebiomized Stride Saddle [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with fools and money with regard to 3d printing. Which is why I ordered one.

But most of the industry jargon snake oil can be read about here:

https://www.bikeradar.com/...s/3d-printed-saddles

Some of the points are pretty compelling if it's real and not just wishful thinking.
Last edited by: Lurker4: Apr 15, 24 18:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, that was a very interesting read. It sounds very good of course. Please, come back and tell us what you think after you've ridden them. I'm sure others would definitely benefit from your investment.

Despite being very light, I've always needed a fairly well padded saddle or else I just get saddle sores on my sit bones. Now that I've dialed in my bi saddle in the Bonneville version I could not be more happy. It pretty much concluded 40 Years of searching for the perfect saddle.
Quote Reply