Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fitbit
Quote | Reply
Posted this on the women's board. But, some of you may have some thoughts, as well. Thanks in advance!

Unfairly asking the women in the group their thoughts on Fitbit Blaze.

Do y'all like it (those that have used or do use it)? For purposes of keeping up with sleep cycle, basic workout patterns, activities, time/date, is it worthwhile?

Not seeking to overwhelm my wife with anything, just want her to be able to use this to assist day-to-day.

If not Fitbit Blaze, is there something else you would recommend instead?

Thanks for help.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019VM3CPW/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B019VM3CPW&linkCode=as2&tag=dcr07-20&linkId=XS34AEHUOHDL3ZDM&th=1
Quote Reply
Re: Fitbit [jcall2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jcall2 wrote:
Posted this on the women's board. But, some of you may have some thoughts, as well. Thanks in advance!

Do y'all like it (those that have used or do use it)? For purposes of keeping up with sleep cycle, basic workout patterns, activities, time/date, is it worthwhile?

Not seeking to overwhelm my wife with anything, just want her to be able to use this to assist day-to-day.

Thanks for help.

That FitBit Blaze is probably ok for what you describe, but if you are here, posting on ST, you are probably a triathlete, in which case why would you NOT want a fully dedicated GPS run watch like the Garmin 235. Do you already have a Garmin and the FitBit is just a supplement watch?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jcall2 wrote:

Thanks for help.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019VM3CPW/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B019VM3CPW&linkCode=as2&tag=dcr07-20&linkId=XS34AEHUOHDL3ZDM&th=1

I have used both the Garmin and Fitbit devices and neither of them were terribly accurate. So if you want something that is really accurate, I would wait. Otherwise its an interesting watch.
Quote Reply
Re: Fitbit [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate that. Yeah, not for me, but rather, my non-tri wife who is generally interested in working out and what-not. Just not as hard-core as her bad ass husband.

Thanks for the tips.
Quote Reply
Re: Fitbit [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To get discounted health insurance through work I have to earn wellness points. One of the ways to earn wellness points is to get shitloads of steps. In fact I can get all of my wellness points through just steps. But it has to be on a fitbit. :(

So I rock a small fitbit plus a garmin when exercising.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...ze-depth-review.html

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not super familiar with the Blaze but you could also look at the Polar A360, this is what my wife uses and likes it a lot, I think the app is nicer than Fitbits. I'm not sure if DCRainmaker has updated his review but they have improved the bands so his complaints about them are corrected (She has never had the unit pop out of the strap in over a year).

Ben
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use my FitBit to check my sleep. That's it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others have stated, as a basic fitness tracking tool, it's not bad. Heart rate monitoring, though, is sketchy at best but the step-counting is pretty accurate, and it can help some people get themselves moving. The sleep tracker is a nice touch--though you could be lying completely still and yet be awake...FitBit will count that as sleep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woman here...triathlete hobbyist. I have a FitBit Charge 2. I really like it. I can wear it all day/everyday without looking like a total goober at work. Tracks my steps, which is interesting to see day to day. Heart rate, relatively accurate, though sometimes during intervals it goes blank for a bit here and there...like I died or something...which, hey, maybe it's onto something... I like the app and the social aspect of it. You can find your friends that have a fitbit and challenge them - most steps in a week, most exercise in a week, etc. I also found the sleep tracker to be really interesting. It tells you how long you slept and what times of the night were "restless" and what time of the night you were "awake." It also vibrates when I get calls, texts and calendar reminders.
Quote Reply