Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Femoral stress fractures
Quote | Reply
Who else has even been diagnosed with a femoral stress fracture? Mine was 12 yrs ago, and I'm trying to remember the exact symptoms or pains that I had.

I remember weight-bearing pain, inability to stretch anything to relieve pain, inner thigh/groin pains, and difficulty lifting up my leg - esp in a seated position. Anyone else...?
Quote Reply
Re: Femoral stress fractures [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once in each leg sister. I had the bone scans and MRI's to back it up.

Mine was a dull ache most of the time sort of just inside my quad. I could feel in most of the time and running really flaired it up to the point I just couldn't take another step.

I assume this is in your non-surgically enhanced leg.

PS How did Little Brother do in Fayetteville.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mine was in the femoral neck, prolly not the exactly what you're looking for but...

pain going down stairs more than up, no pain at the beginning of a run but starting and increasing during the run, mine felt more like a deep ache than a sharp pain.

hope that helps!
Quote Reply
Re: Femoral stress fractures [ATX TRIHEAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who was yer doc? Was it here in ATX? Heard of Heinrich?

Fayetteville - he said he just couldn't make any moves. Said he tried for an hour to bridge a 200m gap to a breakaway and just couldn't.

And, Cray, yes... femoral neck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get it checked soon! I was on crutches for 4 months because I let it go so long!
Cam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heard the name but my first was in Okla and went to a sports clinic there. My second I came down and saw Spears over at SPI.

I may know someone who works for Hienrich. That may be why it sounds familier. I will check if you want me to.

Windy day too, we rode out in La Grange on Sat. Great roads no traffic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had one in college. Just below the lesser trochantor. Manifested itself in a cramp-like pain in the adductor, and pain on flexing the joint.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Femoral stress fractures [cray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I completely ran through my other one until it broke, which is why I don't trust myself...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used Spears at SPI also. he has his own MRI now too so it's a lot more convenient. he's generally not too difficult to get an appt with either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there,

I've had two of these - one in college (from a triathlon) when I was too stupid to know better. The second one happened (training too much for a triathlon) some 10 years later in the opposite leg. Both were in the neck. I don't remember the first but the second one manifested as a dull throbbing pain that I couldn't locate with any specificity. I remember starting to take it seriously when I couldn't hang my leg off the chair (like if I sat with the edge of the chair against the middle of the hamstring) without pain. I went to a friend who is a PT who put me in touch with an Ortho surgeon. By the time the MRI came back it was clear enough on the films that I didn't need a bone scan (but that's what it took to diagnose the first time). After racing twice (one tri and one open water swim with a beach sprint finish) I hung it up for the season with a 6-12 weeks of recovery (I don't remember but I had to suck it up and end the season at the end of August). After the end of the mandatory recovery period (and after the doc cleared me with my second MRI/Xray series) I used the hop test to tell if the pain was getting back into running or a redo of the fracture. Hop on the bad leg and if you cringe, it hurts or you innately don't want to do it - you've got a problem. That's what my doc told me at that point. Anyway, that was two seasons ago so I'd suggest you go to the ortho, get it diagnosed and sit on your hands if that's the case. If it *is* that bad then you can come back for the second half of the season. I'd suggest not training/racing on it like I did so you'll shorten your recovery time.

Hope that made sense/helps.

Todd