Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt bike for TT
Quote | Reply
Hi, all things being equal and as long as these bikes fit me ok, can you tell me what Felt bike will be faster for TT's

My choices are:

2014 Felt B12
2014 Felt DA4
2015 Felt B2

I have a fast forward disc and a tri spoke front wheel that I will be using with the above bikes.

Just to fling one other bike into the equation, I can get a Cervelo P3 2012 brand new at a crazy low price.

My reason for Felt bikes is that I get a great discount at my Local bike shop, the Cervelo would be a gamble fit wise as I would be buying over the internet.

I will be looking at duathlons / triathlons in the future but next year will be just TT's for me.

I currently ride a Felt AR5 with clips ons.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Felt bike for TT [marco polo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The one that fits the best and the most comfortable for you will be the fastest
Last edited by: Burnt Toast: Aug 29, 14 7:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only get the DA if it's 2015. I think the B2 carbon layup is better than the B12 and older DA4 carbon layups but looks equal to this DA4 - can someone back me up on that? I can't remember where I came across the info.

I also read that the B2 comes with the Di2 Ultegra 11 speed so keep that in mind for wheel compatibility. I think B2 hands down based on spec.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I vote for the 2015 B2, because, Di2 over a B12 or the DA4. Not having to fuss with a derailleur cable is a nice thought (tried out Di2 once and it was awesome).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marco polo wrote:
the Cervelo would be a gamble fit wise as I would be buying over the internet.

If you know your fit coordinates, there's no gamble involved.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Felt bike for TT [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies.

I can't get a bike fit until, 19th September so at the moment I don't know my fit numbers.

From reading about Cervelo P3 fit, I may have struggled, would probably be better with a P2.

My nearest Cervelo shop is 50 miles away so that's why I am ruling out a new P2, where as my nearest Felt shop is 3 miles away. Only considered the P3 due to the price I could have picked it up for.

All 3 felts are 11 speed, I can get an 11 speed freehub for the disc ok.

I wasn't sure if the 2015 B2 was just the same frame as 2014 B12.

Di2 does appeal to me :) but what where felt thinking about with the B2 colour scheme?
In Reply To:
Last edited by: marco polo: Aug 29, 14 8:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a read of slowman's post earlier this month. Dollar for dollar that B2 is a tough bike to beat for the price. It's going to be blackish with yellow highlights

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/Tri_Bike_by_brand/Felt/Felt_for_2015_4478.html

If I were only worried about speed I'd be going for the the DA myself as it's slipperier but if not get some Tri Radar Omegas to cut some wind on the front brake. I'd take the B12/14 off your short list, you're into a more competitive segment in that price range.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a similar choice to make with the 2014 B12 v. DA4. I went with the DA4 because of the more aero bayonet headset and cockpit and have not regretted the choice. As to Di2 on the 2015 B2 that doesn't seem to be a must have for TT use and you can always upgrade the DA4 frame later.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt bike for TT [Chitrilaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right, I am going to get a bike fit first to make sure I get the right bike but I am narrowing it down to two bikes:

Felt DA4 2014 £1950

and a

Cervelo P2D 2014 new one £2000 :) I will travel the 50 miles if need be for warranty issues etc...

I know that wasn't in my original thread but last I looked it was still £2500, I take it the price has went down due to the 2015 model being 11 speed.

Thanks again for your help, especially regarding the Felts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 2014 Felt B14 and I absolutely love it. However, it does suck they dropped the price a month after I bought it :(

---------------------------------------------
I taught Chuck Norris everything he knows

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you end getting the Felt, if it's TT legal add the aero Di2 battery cover, IIRC its an extra watt or two saved.

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply