Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA1 vs IA FRD
Quote | Reply
If you could afford either, is the FRD worth the extra cost vs the IA1? Thoughts and opinions and feedback from those who have either....

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA1 vs IA FRD [Drummon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of money for a very small weight savings

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA1 vs IA FRD [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking very closely at the Felt Framesets for next year also. particularly the IA 1...however the pics and weights on Felt's website leave me a bit confused
IA FRD - 6.98lbs (pic shows handlebars but no description under 'general info')
IA 1 - 8.86lbs
IA 10 - 7.1lbs

I thought the IA 1 would give the cleanest appearance and take advantage of etap the best...

SRAM is extremely excited about eTap's quick adoption by frame manufacturers. By eliminating the need for derailleur cable stops, battery and junction box mounts, and wire ports, eTap allows bike makers to develop cleaner, simpler, lighter and more aerodynamic bikes. As these bikes become available, we'll update this page that contains an alphabetically ordered list of complete bikes that are equipped with SRAM RED eTap.

I must be missing something as to why the AI 1 is so much heavier than the other two.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA1 vs IA FRD [Weimjagd1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will probably have to contact Felt directly on this. I am pretty sure the IA1 frame weight is due to the fact it comes with integrated brakes as part of the total weight. And maybe that weight includes the Devox bars too. The IA10 frame weight may just be the raw frame and fork. And maybe the stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The IA10 frame does include the stem. It's just about the only stem that fits. Even though the IA10 doesn't look at good with it's exposed front brake, it has a lower stack and according to Jim@Erosports, it's the faster frame.

It also has the frame bosses on the rear of the seat tube so you can add a QRbox. Unfortunately, it come with the same crappy Calpac but I have it from a good source that a new Calpac will be available by spring.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Sep 30, 16 5:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had both. First was the IA1...it lived 4 months before getting whacked by a pastry delivery van. The 1 was sold out last summer so we went to the FRD. Weight wise, picking it up, moving it, didn't seen that noticeable. But, the FRD is noticeably more quiet, stiff when stomping on the pedals and all round more pleasurable to ride. Not to say the 1 was a dog...I never would have known the more subtle differences without owning both. Bang for buck is the IA10, but if you're dead set on the best then go for the FRD.

Personally, I would wait if you could till the Canyons make there way here and see how the fit is on each. The storage on the IA is not great and the Canyon looks to be just as fast.
Quote Reply