Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt DA1 - differences between 2012, 2013 and 2015 models?
Quote | Reply
Hi

I've been looking to get a DA1 for some time, and it seems I'll be able to within the next month.

A dealer I'm familiar with has DA1 framesets from various years: 2012, 2013 and 2015, with the earlier years being cheaper.

I don't care too much about the graphics and paintjobs, but what are the functional differences between these three model years? As far as I'm able to tell, they are similar in geometry, and somewhat (completely?) similar with regards to stiffness and weight.

Can anyone confirm this or enlighten me?

Thanks

Henrik
Last edited by: polykrom: Dec 22, 14 6:01
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA1 - differences between 2012, 2013 and 2015 models? [polykrom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the 2015 DA comes with an integrated front brake (so, Bayonet IV or whatever number they've arrived at), whereas all previous years have the older Bayonet with an exposed brake. Otherwise pretty much the same bike.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA1 - differences between 2012, 2013 and 2015 models? [polykrom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another thing to look at is what aerobars and stems each one comes with. The older bayonett aero bars are very low stack bars and have very little adjustability. But those earlier bikes generally came with the the adjustable bayonet stem, so you could move the bars the where you needed them. But some bikes came with the older bars and the newer fixed position stems. Now if you have a solid position and the older bars with the fixed position stem will work with you, then that is very good combination.

I believe the 2012 and 2013 have the same exact frame. The 2015 I believe does have the textrememe frame what will be different (I do not know if it is lighter or stiffer).
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA1 - differences between 2012, 2013 and 2015 models? [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessartype wrote:
I think the 2015 DA comes with an integrated front brake (so, Bayonet IV or whatever number they've arrived at), whereas all previous years have the older Bayonet with an exposed brake. Otherwise pretty much the same bike.

+1, I think they integrated the brake in 14, at least my 14 DA2 has it. Not sure about any other differences.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback!

As the 2012 version is much cheaper, I think I will go with that, I think. I just wasn't sure if the 2013 and 2015 would be stiffer.

Happy holidays to all of you.

Henrik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
polykrom wrote:
Thanks for the feedback!

As the 2012 version is much cheaper, I think I will go with that, I think. I just wasn't sure if the 2013 and 2015 would be stiffer.

Happy holidays to all of you.

Henrik

2015 Bayonet 4 fork has an integrated brake but with a good aero front brake on the Bayonet 3 there is no drag difference +/-10deg.
The Bayonet 4 fork is more compliant/comfortable.
The 2015 DA1 seatpost has more fore-aft adjustment and uses the VR comfort module which gives a comfort boost as well.
You get better strength i.e. impact damage resistance with the TeXtreme fabic among other advantages but we did not increase the stiffness. You get a lighter/stronger frameset in 2015 vs. 2012 but if the price difference leaves you with the cash to "buy" more aero goodies there are larger performance gains than the integrated brake to be had with wheels, helmets, tires, etc.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA1 - problem with new fork and frame assembly [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After reading your comments, I took the plunge and purchased the frame. It has been standing in the basement, waiting to be assembled...starting today.

But there seems to be a problem: The lower part fork does not have enough clearance to the frame (down tube), so the two parts touch each other to make turning the fork impossible.

http://tinypic.com/r/dhbux0/8] (sorry for not being able to insert the video properly)

I'm pretty sure I have done just as I should during the assembly. It seems like there is a problem with either the fork or the frame.

Have any of you encountered something similar? Do any of you have a possible solution?

Best regards

Henrik

PS: I bought the frame online, as there are very few Felt dealers in Denmark, where I live. So going down the local LBS is not an option.
Last edited by: polykrom: Mar 1, 15 12:35
Quote Reply