Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt B Performance 105 2024
Quote | Reply
Hi!

My wife has been looking at a new tri bike and found this in a local shop.
https://www.feltbicycles.com/...05.color.E3E8E3.html

She's testing it next week. Any comments about it? She doesn't care that it is rim brake, we have good wheels for it so we will swap the original anyway. Feels like it's a very good price for a new tri bike these days and comes with shimano 105 12 speed mechanical!

Any comment regarding the geometry, I'm not very good at analysing those numbers so I can't tell what they mean...

https://acprestation.se/
Last edited by: AC Prestation: Mar 9, 24 5:57
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B Performance 105 2024 [AC Prestation] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn’t even aware of that model.

That said, no way would I buy a brand new rim brake bike in 2024.

Also, unsure if felt has their act together yet, but reading all the stories about people not being able to get parts is enough for me to steer clear of them until proven they have their shit together.

I owned an IA4 bike. No issues besides I didn’t like the mounting or the Aerobars and no stock tilt option.

I’d look for a used P Series or similar.

Lastly, how is she going to “test it”?
Last edited by: Pwraddr: Mar 9, 24 6:56
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B Performance 105 2024 [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regarding the last point, they have it in store but we haven't been able to visit yet. We have a appointment coming for a regular bike fit, and they have removed the bike from the inventory so it's hers if she wants to.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s pretty typical sizing and geometry that you’ll find on the vast majority of bikes.

What matters is HER particular fit coordinates, what size frame, etc.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B Performance 105 2024 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, we are coming in for a bike fit anyway so we'll see. But she's always on a small anyway so thats probably alright..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved my B16. It had Ultagra derailleurs, and I got if new for less than $1,700!

But that was back in 2013...
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B Performance 105 2024 [splitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
splitz wrote:
I loved my B16. It had Ultagra derailleurs, and I got if new for less than $1,700!

But that was back in 2013...

This is actually a pretty slick bike for $2500 new in 2024. Honestly - I know it's rim brake but you can actually get a nice bike getting into the sport - we need more of this in triathlon!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B Performance 105 2024 [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree in principle, but needs disc brakes. 2750 with disc brakes I agree.

No way would I buy a new bike in 2024 without disc brakes. I’d buy a used P Series and have a bike that is future proof and not outdated at the transaction.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B Performance 105 2024 [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you as well. But this is a true starter bike for sure. Yes...disc brakes for $250 would make sense I would guess but I am just really happy to see something literally reasonable for new haha.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B Performance 105 2024 [splitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still riding my 2013 B14! I think it has aged well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've won a lot of races on my B series. Essentially the same shape of the DA.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B Performance 105 2024 [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
I agree with you as well. But this is a true starter bike for sure. Yes...disc brakes for $250 would make sense I would guess but I am just really happy to see something literally reasonable for new haha.

a workingman's tri bike. i love it. i hope they sell a boatload of these.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B Performance 105 2024 [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
dfru wrote:

a workingman's tri bike. i love it. i hope they sell a boatload of these.

Haha I keep looking at it and REALLY like it haha. $2950 for Ultegra in black too. Outstanding.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting that the smallest bike is a 650 bike. I'm assuming it's 650B because the tire they spec'd is available in that size and not a C
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B Performance 105 2024 [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe Rinny rode with 650 tires on her Felt DA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
Interesting that the smallest bike is a 650 bike. I'm assuming it's 650B because the tire they spec'd is available in that size and not a C

I checked the 2016 catalog, the "B series" frame was the same, and the size 47 bike was actually a 650C; it came with Vittoria Rubino's 650C tires. I'm quite sure even the 2024 size 47 B series bike is a 650C and is delivered with different tires, possibly Gatorskins
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B Performance 105 2024 [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her DA was a 650C like mine
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B Performance 105 2024 [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The radius difference is 6.5mm, I wonder if they could be interchangeable on that bike.
When I looked into doing that with my bikes, it was difficult to find good 650B rim braked rims. Maybe there are new options available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
The radius difference is 6.5mm, I wonder if they could be interchangeable on that bike.
When I looked into doing that with my bikes, it was difficult to find good 650B rim braked rims. Maybe there are new options available.

If the clearance between wheels and frame/fork is the same of the 700C versions, there's no way the 650C bike could accomodate 650B wheels. Add to this that that frame design dates back to 2011, when the standard width was 23mm for tires and 19-20mm for wheels respectively.
A few 650B rim brake wheels options exist, mainly touring products, though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems expensive for a bike that is selling new but is literally a 10-15 year old design. If you have rim brake race wheels, I'd look used. Lots of good rim brake deals out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B Performance 105 2024 [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or like I said, take that money and tad more buy a used P Series. No way would I buy an outdated bike brand new.

So many used bikes that are better components and most likely faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aero study with a Felt B series in the mix.

Triathlon Bikes in the Age of Peak Aero - A Report.pdf - Google Drive
Quote Reply