Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favorite HRM that measures pace/distance
Quote | Reply
  Looking at getting a new HRM that also measures pace/distance. I have the older Garmin frontrunner 201 (I think) which constantly gives me the message that it is not getting a signal and am less than impressed. I know this topic has come up before but there are some new products out on the market and would appreciate input.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite HRM that measures pace/distance [Jack Bauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a Garmin 305. So far it seems to be pretty good.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IF the HR pickup is good, the 305 would be the clear winner. I am using the 205 now and it is *amazingly* accurate, especially if you use something like Topofusion to correct the altitude data (which is the achilles heel of any/all gps meter(s).

Best of all, you can use the GPS to calculate your running power output (in watts...yes it is possible) and training stress values (In GOVSS) using equations I developed. There is an excel worksheet on my site you can download.

Phil

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a Timex body link and did not like it all.

- when you use the HRM and Speed/Distance, the watch doesn't display the stopwatch function, so you need to wear a second watch.

- the distance function was accurate, but the speed was useless as it would jump all over the place.
Quote Reply