Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favorite Aero Helmet
Quote | Reply
In the market (I think) for an Aero Helmet. Any recommendations? The Spiuk helmet looks nice but is fairly pricey. It looks like the Giro will not be available until later this summer.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Aero Helmet [trimd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have the rocket and love it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my Rocket rocks! should have a spiuk from R&A soon, will post when that comes in
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump/Same question - what about the Chrono - it looks kind of halfway between full aero helmet and traditional helmet -is it worth the lack of ventilation particularly for long course?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite is the one on Badmann's head. That red bull logo is great.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Favorite aero helmet is the Bell metior II, but unfortunately it is not legal for use in North American triathlons because USAT in my opinion is acting ridiculous by not allowing the European helmets for use in competition. USA cycling has already made the European helmets legal for use in its events and it's time that USAT does the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Packing tape.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Aero Helmet [cobraracer46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jan:

If it's not CPSC, then my understanding is that not only isn't it legal for USAT races, but it's also not legal to sell one in the US. Here's a liability thought from a prior thread:

Let's say John Doe is riding in a US race wearing a CEN-only certified helmet. He has a crash, ends up with a brain injury, and sues. How much would the following lawyer's arguments affect a jury? "So, CEN is considered a lesser standard than CPSC, and some of the same bicycle helmets that did pass CEN have failed CPSC. In fact, you can't even legally buy a non-CPSC bicycle helmet here in the US. So, yes, John did have to get it shipped in from out-of-country, but the defendent organization allowed John to race with this sub-US-standard helmet."

I'm not a lawyer, but if I were a US organization that did allow CEN or other standards in races, then I'd make sure that my insurance policy explicitly covers them, and will defend it if and when that lawsuit comes along (unless the real lawyer I paid for an opinion said that CEN vs. CPSC wasn't an issue).
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Aero Helmet [cobraracer46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't IMNA allow them (Bell Metor II) at the Hawaii race last year?
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Aero Helmet [tomd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Does anybody know where to buy one of those specialized helmets that some of the teams were using in the TTT at the Giro?

Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Aero Helmet [tomd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you're right, that Kona got a rules change to allow them, what with all of the non-US triathletes going to it. My guess is that they were comfortable with the relative risk of allowing them, compared to the depth of their pockets, at least for that race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love my Spiuk Kronos..!!

http://wardmoya.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply