Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Fate came around the corner...
Quote | Reply
So I was done with a cold cold windy bike ride. Took a shower at home and was still cold...miserable cold. So, I went to the Y to sit in the steam room for a bit and shave my legs. At the Y I noticed I was starving and it was about 8pm...shit...had to go to the store. Didnt want to but I needed some dinner...off to the store I go.

I got my food and went to the check out...the line long and winding out the single cashiers line...the person at the front having issues with the store not wanting to take his personal check...you all know the feeling. Then it happens...I look to my left and there is a display of 80% off DVD's - at eye level I spot it...new in the package, waiting for an owner "American Flyers"...on DVD!!! The gods had sent it for me...they had made me cold knowing that I had to leave the house and somehow end up at the store to get the DVD.

So...how many times have YOU seen the movie?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Last edited by: Record10Carbon: Apr 6, 06 9:24
Quote Reply
Re: Fate came around the corner... [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chip, you should put this under the geek thread. :)

(never seen it, i'll rent it now after your compelling story)
Quote Reply
Re: Fate came around the corner... [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck finding it at any video store - I had no idea it was even on DVD - but it is easy to tell it was a copy from some tape someplace.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088707/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my copy about a year ago off of ebay (new) for about $15 CDN delivered. I also got breaking away off of ebay around the same time. Both great classics, and I've since seen both in the discount bin at Walmart.
Quote Reply
Re: Fate came around the corner... [paulgraham.ca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boooooring.

I was waiting for another classic Record10carbon tale.

So this guy started talking trash to the hot young cashier chick because she wouldn't take his check, so what does a guy do? I picked up a copy of National Enquirer and beat him senseless with it until he apologized and promised to nicer to ladies and small furry animals.

I got her number and later that evening when she got off work I picked her up in my cool sexy sportscar and we did the whoopdedoo all night long until I had to kick her out of my love shack to go do a 300 mile ride.

You call yourself a Christian, I call you hypocrite. You call yourself a patriot well, I think you're full of s**t

NeoCon by the Rolling Stones
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have seen this movie at least a dozen times - before I was into cycling.

This does belong in the geek thread and so do I.

BTW - Shaving your legs in the steam room at the Y is really gross. Aren't you the one always complaing about hygine issues?

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Last edited by: bigsky17: Apr 6, 06 9:46
Quote Reply
Re: Fate came around the corner... [Haondotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You missed the part where he shaves his legs in the steam room at the Y. "Bubba who was just released from San Quentin was also there...(take it from here)..."

ot
Quote Reply
Re: Fate came around the corner... [OT in CA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought his name was "Ben Dover"

Quote Reply
Re: Fate came around the corner... [OT in CA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do other people shave their legs in the steamroom? This seems a bit strang to me.

Quote | Reply
I've seen it quite a few times myself and the really weird thing is I'm pretty sure I got my copy on DVD at the grocery store as well for like $5. Haven't seen Breaking Away on DVD yet but will look for it now. Always fun to watch and look at the landmarks in Bloomington. (IU grad)

---------------------------------------
Human Motor Works Racing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I was in* the movie and I only saw the whole thing once. Its a horrible movie. When it comes on TV, I call the kids in to show them I was in a movie.

*Um, OK - I was in the crowd at the Morgul-Bismark race. Still, it is a horrible movie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
never heard of it, actually!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised you didn't find it closer to the deli

*thats where the rest of the cheese is sold
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The better movie from that time-frame was Breaking Away!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Fate came around the corner... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]The better movie from that time-frame was Breaking Away!

Fleck[/reply]

I have them both and they are both great movies with flaws in the cycling aspects. I even have the soundtrack on my iPod to American Flyers!

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A timeless classic. I've seen it probably 20+ times, although it's been awhile. "Where's the other one? Where's Sommers? You SOB, Marcus, I taught you that move!." "We've got us a race, Muzzen!" Thanks for the affirmation that there's others like me out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Fate came around the corner... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The better movie from that time-frame was Breaking Away!

Fleck
No way - there are no boob shots in Breaking Away.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTF? Shaving your legs in the steam room? Is this a group room, a common area, like a steam room where several/dozen people at a time can sit in a hot, quiet, steamy room?

If so - and you were in the steam room at my gym, I'd bitch up a storm about some homo shaving his legs in the steam room. Talk about unsanitary!

I really hope this is something totally different.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Re: Fate came around the corner... [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for bringing that up again. WHen I did everyone completly ignored me. I was starting to think I was missing out on something.

Quote | Reply
Its ok...the guy in there before him probably rubbed one off.

Avoid the steam room.

ot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine lent me that DVD in the fall. In a semi-sarcastic but semi-motivational way he said that if I watch the movie before a race, I'd probably win. I watched it the night before my last adventure race. We won. Seriously.

Don't knock American Flyers.

P.S. Don't shave in the steam room, that's f'ing disgusting.

P.P.S. "How could you be dying, you've got a mustache and everything!"
Last edited by: banana: Apr 6, 06 11:39
Quote Reply
Re: Fate came around the corner... [SRQ_3sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I shave my legs in the mens steam room. Often I will also shave the backs and chests of body builders as well. What I do is lather up really thick with the provided Barbasol shave cream, at least 2" thick tingling the skin and softening the forest of leg hair I intend to remove. I shave in the steam room and flick the spent shave cream at the walls and other members of the YMCA. We giggle and frollic in the steam room and wrestle in a playful way- listening to the "Thriller" album that is always on random play in the mens locker room. Sometimes when the powdered soap is empty will play little games like "oops, I dropped my razor" and have a nice time bending over to pickup the fallen blade in full naked glory...the other day there was a blood pressure and prostate exam center setup in the shower / whirlpool area that we had just a splendid time participating in (yes, your blood pressure goes up as they prod your prostate).

I just love the YMCA.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just lost all respect for your posts, from here on. Fuggin' disgusting shaving in the steam room.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Re: Fate came around the corner... [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do agree, it is gross... but at least this dude posts some pretty entertaining tales.

I can only read about heart rates, max vo2 and watts so many times!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yes, I shave my legs in the mens steam room. Often I will also shave the backs and chests of body builders as well. What I do is lather up really thick with the provided Barbasol shave cream, at least 2" thick tingling the skin and softening the forest of leg hair I intend to remove. I shave in the steam room and flick the spent shave cream at the walls and other members of the YMCA. We giggle and frollic in the steam room and wrestle in a playful way- listening to the "Thriller" album that is always on random play in the mens locker room. Sometimes when the powdered soap is empty will play little games like "oops, I dropped my razor" and have a nice time bending over to pickup the fallen blade in full naked glory...the other day there was a blood pressure and prostate exam center setup in the shower / whirlpool area that we had just a splendid time participating in (yes, your blood pressure goes up as they prod your prostate).

I just love the YMCA.

Which one is you?
Quote Reply

Prev Next