Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Falun xc-skiing WC 50k Northug, what can you say
Quote | Reply
If you win the sprint and the 50k you are a good athlete.
Northug did it again. He raced six distances and got 4 gold.
Today's 50k was hard but he won the slowest sprint ever.
If you wonder how hard, look at the Russian. He hit the wall 50 meters too soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqafRcnmaEw

I expect the while race to be available here later today
https://www.youtube.com/...assicSkiTrack/videos
Quote Reply
Re: Falun xc-skiing WC 50k Northug, what can you say [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow!

Nice to see Harvey in there for 5th. He had a great week. Best ever a Canadian man at the World Championships!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you could say the conditions really worked out in his favor today. The snowfall and poor tracks made it impossible to break the field apart and none can touch Northug in that scenario.

BA coaching http://www.bjornandersson.se
Quote Reply
Re: Falun xc-skiing WC 50k Northug, what can you say [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bjorn wrote:
I think you could say the conditions really worked out in his favor today. The snowfall and poor tracks made it impossible to break the field apart and none can touch Northug in that scenario.

If you look at the top 6, the surprise is not Northug, but Lukas Bauer. The move he did with changing his skis 5k before finish was brave and smart.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here you have the full video.
Great skiing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d24DBTLfOU
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Northug is a straight up assassin. if you let him stick around...he will kill you.

BTW. conditions looked HARD.

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
bjorn wrote:

If you look at the top 6, the surprise is not Northug, but Lukas Bauer. The move he did with changing his skis 5k before finish was brave and smart.

What is the rule/system on pit stopping to change skis?

Gotta hand it to Northug....how many people can win the mile and the marathon in the same world championships...that's basically what he pulled off.

Fleck good on Harvey but he is, perhaps misfortunate to be at his peak at the same time as Northug. What an awesome sprint finish....they were actually showing it on CBC news in the Ottawa airport. I was shocked to see the Nordic Ski World's make the evening news here in Canada when a Canadian did not even medal...don't they have some 8th tier hockey game or curling game then can plaster the national news with? Sheeesh...bunch of amateurs....next thing you know they will feature a Canadian coming 5th in Kona (pink font mandatory....don't hold your breath for that).

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Halvard,

would you by any chance have a link for the Men's Nordic Combined relay race?

Cannot seem to find it.

Thanks again for all those great videos by the way.
Worth the watch for the thrill and the atmosphere.
Falun was a wonderful venue with great races and fans all along.

Only fools never change their minds and I'll never change my mind about that.
Quote Reply
Re: Falun xc-skiing WC 50k Northug, what can you say [Bancarel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bancarel wrote:
Hey Halvard,

Cannot seem to find it.

X2...thanks for posting all the videos!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still hate him
Quote Reply
Re: Falun xc-skiing WC 50k Northug, what can you say [Bancarel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bancarel wrote:
Hey Halvard,

Cannot seem to find it.

Maybe you can find it on the video section of usskiteam.com?

Season almost over, Lahti, Drammen (the town I am from) and Holmenkollen left for the world cup. But more for the long distance guys at Swix Ski Classics, Vasaloppen and Birkerbeinerrennet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was there to see the race. Living only 2 hours away from Falun it felt almost mandatory to go.

It was an awesome race. It was a shame the conditions did not play out in Johan Olssons favor, I think he and Bauer was absolutely strongest but making a break was absolutely impossible in the snowfall and totally wrecked tracks. And when it comes to a sprint in a distance race, nobody beats Northug. I was standing just by the final 2-300 meters and watching him flying by between them was pretty amazing. His attack on Johan Olsson on the last little hill was pretty rad to. He looks like a powerhouse.

Johan Olsson has had an amazing career. What he did in Val Di Fiemme 2 years ago was crazy, and how he suffered on the 15k earlier last week just so inspiring. He has hinted that he might do Vasaloppet now, since he is feeling very fit.

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Re: Falun xc-skiing WC 50k Northug, what can you say [mortysct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mortysct wrote:
I was there to see the race. Living only 2 hours away from Falun it felt almost mandatory to go.

It was an awesome race. It was a shame the conditions did not play out in Johan Olssons favor, I think he and Bauer was absolutely strongest but making a break was absolutely impossible in the snowfall and totally wrecked tracks. And when it comes to a sprint in a distance race, nobody beats Northug. I was standing just by the final 2-300 meters and watching him flying by between them was pretty amazing. His attack on Johan Olsson on the last little hill was pretty rad to. He looks like a powerhouse.

Johan Olsson has had an amazing career. What he did in Val Di Fiemme 2 years ago was crazy, and how he suffered on the 15k earlier last week just so inspiring. He has hinted that he might do Vasaloppet now, since he is feeling very fit.

When it comes to cross country skiing you cannot go wrong with Falun, Lahti and Holmenkollen. Of course I have a sweet spot for Holmenkollen, but I really like the new layout of the Falun stadium. I wish they could use Mordarbakken more since that hill is an all time classic.

I hope Swedish skiing will get more money so they can keep building up a bigger pool of good skiers. France has done a good job, Finland is still struggling after all the doping. But it is not fun to be a Norwegian ski fan without Sweden.
Now I am looking forward to Vasaloppet. Maybe Anders Aukland can win it again.

For all cross country skiing fans, here you have all videos in English.
https://www.youtube.com/...assicSkiTrack/videos
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Down the home straight, I counted 31 strokes for Northug's final 20 seconds. That's a stroke rate of 93 per min - incredible. Is this (stroke rate) achievable for most world cup level nordic skiers?
Last edited by: DC Pattie: Mar 3, 15 17:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Halvard,

Just wanted to say thanks for posting all the ski videos, our hill in the interior of BC is now closed…can still ski Sun Peaks though.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Falun xc-skiing WC 50k Northug, what can you say [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harvey took some medals. he was in great shape this championship. He could maybe have played his hand a bit better beeing more tactic.
A silver and bronze if i recall right.
Thought he and the russian guy would be a bit quicker in the end of 50 km. especially since they were a bit in front of Northug.
A bad ass finish of Northug as usual

I wonder if Northug will continue.Most of Swedens male top skier ending their careers after Falun
Quote Reply
Re: Falun xc-skiing WC 50k Northug, what can you say [pran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For all my Scandinavian friends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27io_o-4jkg

I will drive my NG 9-5 Aero until it dies!
Quote Reply
Re: Falun xc-skiing WC 50k Northug, what can you say [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Northug should keep going...what a talent. I think Gunde stopped too early...same with Dahlie.
Quote Reply