Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fair price for Zipp 808 Aluminum brake track rims -- question not classifieds post...
Quote | Reply
I'm selling some of the subject rims, but maybe my pricing isn't in line with reality.

What is a fair price for 24/28 Zipp 808 Aluminum brake track rims?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Last edited by: nebmot: Oct 12, 14 19:47
Quote Reply
Re: Fair price for Zipp 808 Aluminum brake track rims -- question not classifieds post... [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I was a little interested in one so maybe my opinion is a little skewed but a good way to think of it is that a set of 808 wheels goes for about 700-800, maybe. So think about the cost to get your rims built in to a set of wheels on hubs comparable to zipps. $60 for the build, $200 for the hubs, 150 for the spokes...
Quote Reply
Re: Fair price for Zipp 808 Aluminum brake track rims -- question not classifieds post... [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runless wrote:
Well, I was a little interested in one so maybe my opinion is a little skewed but a good way to think of it is that a set of 808 wheels goes for about 700-800, maybe. So think about the cost to get your rims built in to a set of wheels on hubs comparable to zipps. $60 for the build, $200 for the hubs, 150 for the spokes...

So you think $440 shipped for the pair is fair?

I ended up letting them go for the 440 shipped. It's not what I wanted, but its better than rims that I will never ride again hanging in my garage.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Last edited by: nebmot: Oct 12, 14 20:58
Quote Reply
Re: Fair price for Zipp 808 Aluminum brake track rims -- question not classifieds post... [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depending on condition and year, you may have let them go a little cheaply, see link below. Of course, they're only worth what someone is willing to pay.

http://www.usedzipp.com/...-triathlon-aero.html
Quote Reply