Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FSA customer service/warranty
Quote | Reply
Anyone know of a way to get in touch with FSA customer service other than the standard 800 number? The cranks on my Tequilo crapped out. The splines the drive side stripped and no matter how much you tighten the cranks, theres still some give. So I had my shop look at it. They informed me the splines are stripped and it needs to be replaced. So I sent them to shop I bought the bike from. They forwarded the cranks on to FSA. Now FSA is hemming and hawing because these cranks are part of the QR build kit and not an aftermarket part. So they aren't sure if they are going to replace them via warranty or not. It has been 2 weeks now. I have been without the bike over a month now because they aren't sure if this is a warranty issue. I had about 600 miles on the bike, if thats not a warranty issue, I am not sure what is.

I am getting fed up. I leave town in 2 weeks for a month. If I don't get the part in with enough time to have my bike shop look at them, it looks like another month without the bike. And I bent the chainrings on my road bike, so thats not rideable until I replace those. And a stupid shoulder injury is keeping me from running and swimming. This just plain sucks ass.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: FSA customer service/warranty [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You literally cannot damage the splines in the manner you describe without some sort of user/assembler/mechanic error. Either the crank was installed incorrectly, or it was ridden on when inadaquately tightened. That said,

One of three things happened:

- You f-ed up

- Your LBS f-ed up

- The manufacturer of the bike f-ed up.

If FSA warranties you, consider it a gift, as there is no way this is their fault.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: FSA customer service/warranty [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, being that I didnt assemble the bike, it would go to the shop I bought it from. The problem started a few hundred miles in. I took it to the shop here in town, they took it apart, and put it back together, saying they could find nothing wrong. About 100 miles in, the problem started again. I took it back asking them to take a better look at it. Thats when they informed me about the splines. So I sent them back to the original shop.

So, you are basically saying that the original shop screwed something up. Because either it was installed incorrectly or not tightened enough when I first got it. I didn't ride it much when the problem started other than to finish the current ride and get it home. Sooooo, it looks like the original shop is hoping FSA will warrant them so they don't have to pay anything. Crapola.

Thanks for the info.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply