Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Experiences with 2016 Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon SL
Quote | Reply
Does any of you guys have any experience with the new 2016 Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon SL? Tour Magazine tested them and they beat Zipp 303 FC in the aero test. They are also wider than previous mavic wheels (25mm / 17c).

My main concern is with braking. Tour gave it an average score, but reviews usually very positive. Because it's only on the market for 5-6 months there is only limited info out there, so any feedback is welcomed! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Experiences with 2016 Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon SL [nemeseri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was wondering if these wheels were in a thread. I have the Pro Carbon SL C, and I love them. I was running them on my road bike, but just changed them to my tri wheels, replacing Bontrager Aeolus 7/9 setup. (Yeah, yeah, I lost some aero). Riding some windy courses this year, and got sick of fighting my front end.

I love these wheels. They spin up very quickly, and ride great. As for the breaking, I would definitely rate it as better than 'average'. I find that they stop on a dime, much better than any carbon wheel I have tried (Zipp, Enve, and Bontrager). Sure, it's not aluminum, but in the dry, it's pretty damn close. You just have to put up with a whistling sound under breaking, it really is a weird noise. I went through the pads included, and replaced them with the same kind (swiss stop yellows). I would rave about the wheels more, but you get the point.

I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply