Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Excitement for the none drafting British Women!
Quote | Reply
With more and more of the British lasses stepping out of the draft legal ITU circuit we're starting to see some phenomenal results and the future is looking really bright in the world of non-ITU triathlon:

Just a quick summary of their achievements from 2007:

• Chrissie Wellington won Ironman World Championships and Ironman Korea
  • Julie Dibens won Xterra Worlds, St Croix 70.3, podiumed in many none drafting US oly races and won numerous Xterras
  • Catriona Morrison wins European and World Duathlon Championships
  • Bella Comerford won Ironman UK and will most likely win a 5th IMFL title next weekend
  • Leanda Cave won ITU Long course worlds, 101 Clearlake, 101 Bradenton, Escape from Alcatraz (and 8th in Kona - first IM!)
I am probably missing some other victories (and athletes) here but the above says plenty.

With 4 of the above athletes all likely to start in Clearwater, GB have a serious chance of finishing the year with 4 world champions! Not bad for a small island with crappy weather, limited sports development and plenty of traffic!

-----------------------------------------------
www.true-motion.com Triathlete Casual Wear since 2007
(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Re: Excitement for the none drafting British Women! [t2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
With more and more of the British lasses stepping out of the draft legal ITU circuit we're starting to see some phenomenal results and the future is looking really bright in the world of non-ITU triathlon:

Just a quick summary of their achievements from 2007:

• Chrissie Wellington won Ironman World Championships and Ironman Korea
  • Julie Dibens won Xterra Worlds, St Croix 70.3, podiumed in many none drafting US oly races and won numerous Xterras
  • Catriona Morrison wins European and World Duathlon Championships
  • Bella Comerford won Ironman UK and will most likely win a 5th IMFL title next weekend
  • Leanda Cave won ITU Long course worlds, 101 Clearlake, 101 Bradenton, Escape from Alcatraz (and 8th in Kona - first IM!)
I am probably missing some other victories (and athletes) here but the above says plenty.

With 4 of the above athletes all likely to start in Clearwater, GB have a serious chance of finishing the year with 4 world champions! Not bad for a small island with crappy weather, limited sports development and plenty of traffic!
But isn't Clearwater a draft-legal race?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Excitement for the none drafting British Women! [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good one! (I should have seen that coming!)

(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Re: Excitement for the none drafting British Women! [t2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not bad for a small island with crappy weather, limited sports development and plenty of traffic!
Which is probebly why at least 3 out of 4 of them spent most of their year NOT in the UK.
Quote Reply
Re: Excitement for the none drafting British Women! [kiwitri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Which is probebly why at least 3 out of 4 of them spent most of their year NOT in the UK.
Think you got us mixed up with the Aussies and your fellow Kiwis there, mate. Most of the under 30s in those countries are camped out in London at any given time.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Excitement for the none drafting British Women! [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bella and Chrissie wellighton train with Suttons team overseas whilst Dibbens and cave spent most of their time in the states not sure about Morrison. Not a criticism of them but dont think you can credit the British sports system with their success. Oh and at least two of them are scottish so going on you signature line you cant claim them. Most of the kiwi athletes spend the summer down there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eh? Dibens has raced a lot in the States this year but has trained and been coaching others in Bath, England, for the whole year.

Richard Melik | I work for the following companies | Zwift.com | Freespeed Bike Fit (UK)
Manager | David McNamee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree about the Sports system and have never said otherwise. Similarly, I haven't "claimed anyone". Wellington and Dibbens are English, Comeford is a Scot and Cave is British via Oz. Ok?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I Spoke to Catriona in Newfoundland last year and she & her partner were buying a new house and she had a new job (due to fincial constraits of being a pro in a pow income sport). So I presume she still trains in Scotland.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"but dont think you can credit the British sports system with their success"

I was celebrating their success in spite of the British sports system!

(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Re: Excitement for the none drafting British Women! [Milky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, Julie has been training in both Bath and Wales for the year but don't spoil the guy's tale with facts, eh? ;-)

Quote Reply