Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Euro sizing on jerseys
Quote | Reply
Wow! So I’m in Bermuda with the family for Spring break. I like never buy souvenirs but we were walking down the street in Hamilton and there was a tri shop. I walk in and see a pretty sweet Bermuda jersey. It was 99 bucks and I was like nah. My wife said I should buy it. I walked out and we kept walking but then she basically made me buy it. I mean how often does this happen.

So. I’m looking at the sizes and the guy asks what I normally wear bc normally people have to size up. I’m usually a M or L depending on the brand. Truth be told I have maybe 4 short sleeve jerseys And I don’t think I’ve bought a new one in like 5 years.

I try the medium on over my t shirt. My arms won’t even fit in. I’m 5’8 165lbs but former swimmer so still have an upper body. lol. I try the large on….could I wear it…sure but it’s mad tight and maybe I’d look good in it by August :)

The XL fits pretty good.
So lesson learned. Never move to Europe. Most of my clothes are M. I guess I’d be considered not in shape over there.
Last edited by: klorene: Apr 10, 24 11:31
Quote Reply
Re: Euro sizing on jerseys [klorene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going to buy a Castelli thermal skinsuit for cross a few years ago. Their sizing had me in at least a 2xl and probably a 3xl realistically. I just couldn't take the hit to my ego to buy an article of clothing in 3xl!
Quote Reply
Re: Euro sizing on jerseys [rrutis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I have a castelli tee in XXL (and I'm 80kg). Wondering what size a Clydesdale would wear (and if they even make it).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EKOI is a brand notorious for small sizing. I'm a M in most brands, but need at LEAST a Large and could probably use an XL. I don't get why Euro sizes are Oompa Loompa sized. Are Europeans that small? Andre the Giant certainly wasn't. British Bulldogs were pretty big too. Maybe they need an ETRTO type fit scale to ensure a universal sizing template for clothes...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unsure what the objective is with this post 😊 But have you ever seen an average Italian man next to an average American man?? Maybe there is the hint in terms of sizing...

I can tell you this: An Italian man would never let his woman decide whether to buy a cycling jersey or not ...
Last edited by: Mulen: Apr 10, 24 23:44
Quote Reply
Re: Euro sizing on jerseys [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
EKOI is a brand notorious for small sizing. I'm a M in most brands, but need at LEAST a Large and could probably use an XL. I don't get why Euro sizes are Oompa Loompa sized. Are Europeans that small? Andre the Giant certainly wasn't. British Bulldogs were pretty big too. Maybe they need an ETRTO type fit scale to ensure a universal sizing template for clothes...

nike is a brand notorious for big sizing. i'm an M or L in most brands, but need an S. i don't get why american sizes are giant sized. are americans that big? betty white certainly wasn't. and mark allen is pretty lean too. maybe they need an etrto type scale to ensure a universal sizing template for clothes.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply