Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

End of season training
Quote | Reply
I am in my 1st season of triathlons, done 2 sprints with 2 more to go in mid & late august. I started training in May and am a MOPer.

Seeing as my last 2 races are quickly approaching can i throw out my long slow runs and long slow rides and incorportate a higher HR or speed into my last 3-4 weeks of training?

The last thing i want to do now is do a long workout at a low HR - its boring and i dont see how its helping for the upcoming races. I just want to do everything i can to cut my times down as much as i can for these next two races.

I have about 5-8 hrs per week to spend training and am shooting for 2 runs, 2 bikes and 3-4 swims per week. (a long bike for me is 2hrs - i ride a mtn bike)

is there anything wrong with running at a 5k /10k race pace for my training runs?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: End of season training [saunaking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you been following any kind of periodization this year? Do you have sufficient base? Many people will shoot for a 2 peak season, basically after your first peak you chill out for a while then start doing intensity to hit the 2nd. I would say you should start incorporating intensity now to be ready in 3-4 weeks. Just make sure you do it wisely (not EVERY workout is intense) etc.
Quote Reply
Re: End of season training [saunaking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
End of the season, what end of the season? I still have 6 more tri races to go, then it is marathon season. Rest, what rest.

Now, if I can just walk normal after the vineman on sunday, I can try and do the TBF Tri for Real on sunday.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: End of season training [homegrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Have you been following any kind of periodization this year? Do you have sufficient base? .[/reply]

not been using any periodization, i did about 4-5 weeks of a beginner sprint program before my 1st tri and since then i have been "JFT"
as for base, yes i guess i have enough for the races i am doing - i can easily complete them and feel strong throughout.
Quote Reply