Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elvis Would Have Loved to be in a Hawaii Ironman Movie
Quote | Reply
I just watched "Blue Hawaii" last weekend. It occurred to me this movie and location has all the macho stuff Elvis would want. He would have insisted on redoing "Blue Hawaii" and doing it as "Blue Ironman," and instead of the boat racing or car racing in it, just switch the racing over to "triathlon." Think of all the pretty bodies just like in his Hawaii movies, the beach cookouts, and so on.

And he'd have his whole lot of 19 guys just hanging around 20 yards behind him at Dig Me Beach, with banjo's and tambourines, ready to help him bust out in a song, at any given moment.

He'd be at odds with some rival, rich kid, triathlete, who has all the better equipment and support, just like in his other movies. Elvis is poor but tries hard. He'd be jawing at some other competitor, over who was going to win. And it just so happens his rival triathlete competitor has his future girlfriend, too.

Lots of dirty tricks are played on Elvis' bike by his rival gang. The Crank Pedals are loosened. But he over comes all of it. Then Elvis would just pound everybody into submission with a 7:27 Ironman time and get the girl in the end.

What kind of bike would Elvis ride?
Quote Reply
Re: Elvis Would Have Loved to be in a Hawaii Ironman Movie [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Then Elvis would just pound everybody into submission with a 7:27 Ironman time and get the girl in the end.

What kind of bike would Elvis ride?
I think for elvis to do a 7:27 his bike would have to be a Harley.
Quote Reply
Re: Elvis Would Have Loved to be in a Hawaii Ironman Movie [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually saw Elvis doing a triathlon near Kalamazoo a couple years ago. Still a little extra around the midsection, but he looked good.

I saw him on the out and back of the run, going the other way. At an aid station he grabbed a cup and broke out a little tune: "Gatorade...that cool, refreshing drink!" Then thanked all the volunteers, said they were "beautiful people" and a "beautiful audience" and went on his way. From above, a voice boomed out, "Elvis has left the aid station."
Quote Reply
Re: Elvis Would Have Loved to be in a Hawaii Ironman Movie [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sssshhhhhhhh!

no one is supposed to know that he shows up at the Seahorse every year!

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply