Easton Attack Bar
Quote | Reply
Is it just me or are these totally pimp?:

http://www.eastonbike.com/...bar.road.attack.html

Anyone done a review on them?
Quote Reply
Re: Easton Attack Bar [Greg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats a computer model, not the real deal, and I HIGHLY doubt the 650 gm claim considering that the HED's are also carbon

if I recall, their carbon stem was in all the catalogs supposed to be for sale last spring ... but then it vanished, made me wonder.

the bars lack adjustability and the extension length is non adustable as are the bar widths, you can adjust the pads but not the extensions

the integrated levers are not really integrated

the grips are cool, if they make them in something other than yellow

overall, not to impressed ... looks like a cobbled together Profile Carbon X sans the stem and at a much higher price tag

nothing new .... these are still king

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are they actually available? They showed them at Interbike last year, but when a buddy called to try to get a pair this Summer they were still vaporware.

I still think the Blackbird would be a great set-up, but Syntace has pretty much missed the boat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An Easton rep was showing off the attack bars at the San Francisco Grand Prix and claims they will be/are available for '04.

Although they were not on a bike, I still tried to flex and bend the bars and noticed no flex. Not sure of the weight, but they felt acceptable to me. On the table top, they felt very comfortable. The molded grips had a nice firm, but yet soft grip.

The sizing thing concerns me. On the back of the box, there will be a sizing scale with which you size up your forearm, similar to a pair of clip ons. I believe he said there will be S/M/L sizes. He did not say anything about width.

Price...when available - $650 - $700.

I really liked the bars. But, I am concerned about the fitting and the $650 is about $250 - $300 beyond my price point.
Last edited by: dts: Sep 27, 03 11:51
Quote Reply
Re: Easton Attack Bar [dts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The website says the elbow pads are width adjustable. Gotta agree with you on the price. The HED's are $500...

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: Easton Attack Bar [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, but extension width is fixed
Quote Reply