Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ENDURE IT! (NEW CHICAGOLAND MULTISPORT HEADQUARTERS)
Quote | Reply
Greetings Slowtwitchers,

Coming in May to Naperville will be a spectacular new Multisport mega store, training facility, and coaching headquarters.

The Store is over 4000 sq. feet and will feature the best in class across numerous levels. Endure It! will no doubt be the endurance apparel authority carrying a deep selection of Craft, Descente, Giordana, Oomph, Orca, CW-X, Castelli, and TYR.

Also, thanks to Paul Thomas for giving us the largest selection of Kuota bikes in the entire midwest. David Greenfield is also supplying the store with his remarkable knowledge of bike design and unsurpassed customer service with Elite bicycles.

-The store will have the unbelievable 8-rider computrainer multiride system.

-Endless pool for open water training and ORCA wetsuit trial.

-A private mirrored bike fit studio run by two FIST certified employees.

-Athlete Lounge televising your favorite endurance events, WIFI, and the worst coffee in Chicago.

-Performance/metabolic testing with state of the art New Leaf equipment.

-The absolute best in cycling performance specific spin classes.

-Endurance event and all-around improved fitness coaching from Chicago's two most experienced athletes. (combined 16 Hawaii Ironman World Championships and numerous overall local wins over the past fifteen years)

-Group training, events, camps and swimming technique review.

This business model was spawned by my passion for triathlon and desire to promote a lifestyle of fitness, balance, competition, and the gratitude that comes from the athlete-coach relationship.

The temporary website is up and please supply your e-mail to keep you posted. www.endureitsports.com

we will be located at 504 West 5th Avenue in downtown Naperville!

Sincerely, David Fix, Owner of Endure It!
Quote Reply
Re: ENDURE IT! (NEW CHICAGOLAND MULTISPORT HEADQUARTERS) [Endure It!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know anything about Tom D's new store?
Quote Reply
Re: ENDURE IT! (NEW CHICAGOLAND MULTISPORT HEADQUARTERS) [Endure It!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a great set-up...makes me wish I was closeby!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds great David. We need another good multisport option in the Chicagoland area. I look forward to checking it out.

Fred
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David

Sounds exciting and look forward to paying you a visit when next in Chicago.

If you want to move from the worst coffee in Chicago to offer something better, let me know - I can hook you up on the equipment side of things!!

AJ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you'd be so kind as to provide an email address for inquiries, that would be great. I'd like to get on your mailing list. Great location--I live in Downers Grove, and there just aren't enough good options for multisport.
Quote Reply
Re: ENDURE IT! (NEW CHICAGOLAND MULTISPORT HEADQUARTERS) [fefe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
www.endureitsports.com has an e-mail sign up for further updates.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great news - will be nice to have a place closer to home. Can you share with us whom the fitters will be? Also, will you be hosting group rides?

Thank you

Joe
Quote Reply
Re: ENDURE IT! (NEW CHICAGOLAND MULTISPORT HEADQUARTERS) [BJBDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David Fix & Ron Dorneker will be providing a wide range of bike fit analysis opportunities not just for new bikes. I have a bunch of ideas regarding fit analysis I am sure a lot of athletes will appreciate.

-David
Quote Reply
Re: ENDURE IT! (NEW CHICAGOLAND MULTISPORT HEADQUARTERS) [BJBDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, group rides, runs and much more.

-Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Naperville? that's not Chicago, that's more like Iowa. :-)

On a serious note, nice to see some competition coming into the "Chicago area", keeps the other guy honest!

I wish you the absolute best of luck and I'll be sure to get a flight from Chicago to Naperville as soon as you open.
Quote Reply
Re: ENDURE IT! (NEW CHICAGOLAND MULTISPORT HEADQUARTERS) [Weege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes but they have this ancient form of transport that goes from chicago to Naperville called a train. in fact many use it everyday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting idea David....

...although we'll have to wait to see if it's "spectacular" :-)

It sounds like some nice things, but other than Kuota, what type of bikes will you be able to carry? I can't imagine there is much left in the geographic distribution area that's not covered by Mission Bay or The Bike Shop (or the other "general" bike shops in the area).

Naperville is a great area...good luck and post some photos of the shop when you get it up and running...

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply
Re: ENDURE IT! (NEW CHICAGOLAND MULTISPORT HEADQUARTERS) [Craigster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Craig, We will add only a few lines in the future when it's a good fit for us and the manufacturer. Endure It! has a very different business model versus the traditional hard goods retailer one thinks of in Chicago. The Chicagoland Metropolitan area has aprx. 9 million people and we are about an hour from Mission Bay.

Take a look at other major metropolitan areas and see how close you see Cervelo, Felt, ABG, etc. from each other. Options, choices, it's better for the sport.

Next time in Chicago please have a visit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave,

Will your place be offering classes and training similar to what Revolutions is doing in St. Charles?

Joe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This sounds like exactly what we need. I live in Naperville and the concept sounds great. If you are able to stock those clothes manufatures that would be wonderful. Most of the stores around don't have that big of variety in stock. They can all order them but to have them in stock in variable sizes would be a plus.

In regards to your bike department is it just going to be fittings or are you going to be a full service shop that does maintence?

Spider
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am vaguely familiar with revolutions in St. Charles. Endure It! classes we be based on appropriate intensity and will be very cycling specific. Each session will be dedicated to accomplishing one aspect of aerobic development and or specific strength building. We will be offering a lot of technique and drills in the off season, Endure It's own version of base in the late winter and spring, while moving toward race specific intensities and duration for early season race prep. I will go into further detail of our classes soon.

I have enjoyed writing interval workouts for swimming and cycling for a very very long time.

I will say you better know your aerobic threshold!
Last edited by: Endure It!: Mar 30, 06 17:03
Quote Reply
Re: ENDURE IT! (NEW CHICAGOLAND MULTISPORT HEADQUARTERS) [Spider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree on the "no but I can order it for you", I won't promise anything, but I think you will like what you see.

Yes, a full service shop with a Master Mechanic with 10 years of wrenching experience.

Thanks, David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Luck!!

http://www.trizilla.com

And by the way. They're real, and they're spectacular!
Quote Reply
Re: ENDURE IT! (NEW CHICAGOLAND MULTISPORT HEADQUARTERS) [140.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jim, and thanks again for the Pizza. I'll be in touch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My in-laws in Naperville, have already asked if we will be heading there when I am in town for a race in June!

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: ENDURE IT! (NEW CHICAGOLAND MULTISPORT HEADQUARTERS) [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, we are just a few blocks from the Tri.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Great, we are just a few blocks from the Tri.[/reply]

Unless there is one where men can compete that I haven't seen in Naperville you are a little further away then that.

Quote Reply
Re: ENDURE IT! (NEW CHICAGOLAND MULTISPORT HEADQUARTERS) [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is this one as well http://www.napervilletri.com/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: ENDURE IT! (NEW CHICAGOLAND MULTISPORT HEADQUARTERS) [MBL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]There is this one as well [url "http://www.napervilletri.com/index.html"]http://www.napervilletri.com/index.html[/url][/reply]
I guess you missed the part where I said June, but thanks for the info. It's too bad that will be during pre-season, my in-laws would love for me to come and race in Naperville.

Quote Reply