Login required to post replies

Dura ace di2 bar end shifter rattle
Quote | Reply
On bumpy roads, I get a little rattle from the Di2 bar end shifters

What up with that? Anyone have a cure?
Quote Reply
Re: Dura ace di2 bar end shifter rattle [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It may be that the shifter body has loosened in the extension and simply needs to be tightened. Check out the link below:

https://si.shimano.com/...DM-DA0001-10-ENG.pdf

Scroll to pages 35 through 37 which will show you how to get to the allen screw holding the shifter in place.
Quote Reply
Re: Dura ace di2 bar end shifter rattle [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:

It depends on whether these are basebar or aero extension shifters. As mentioned above, some models have a Allen head bolt to tighten the wedges. The latest aero extension, single button 9160 shifters have a somewhat tricky collet setup that is tightened by hand.

If this rattle is coming from your basebar, rim brake shifters there can be noise where the brake cable connects to the levers if the brakes don’t have a strong return spring.
Quote Reply
Re: Dura ace di2 bar end shifter rattle [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
jharris wrote:

It depends on whether these are basebar or aero extension shifters. As mentioned above, some models have a Allen head bolt to tighten the wedges. The latest aero extension, single button 9160 shifters have a somewhat tricky collet setup that is tightened by hand.

If this rattle is coming from your basebar, rim brake shifters there can be noise where the brake cable connects to the levers if the brakes don’t have a strong return spring.

It’s the actual little button in the shifter. It shakes a bit. You can feel the button kinda floats in there, doesn’t seem to be a spring that retains it.
Quote Reply