Prev Next
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
192... oppps

Team Aquaphor 06-08
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [hyr00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I was out of town over the weekend and didn't want to weigh in at night... I was surprised to see it go down. We went skate skiing (my first time) but I still ate with semi-wreckless abandon.

I'm slowly moving in the right direction!
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry Speedy - had yesterday off work and no computer access.

Today is 177 down 1 from last week. Back in a semi right direction I guess. Better than being steady or going up!!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been victim to a broken scale at my gym for 2 weeks. I may break down and buy a scale today.

Everbody looks good at the starting line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So has anyone come up with a good explanation as to why one would weigh more on Monday morning. Weighed myself this morning and a full pound lighter than yesterday. It's not water b/c I have been drinking a lot of it. High volume (for me) on the weekend so I would of figured I would have been lighter on Monday.

Anyone???

Lana

Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [tri_2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My only thought, after doing a half mary on Sunday, is "edema" - e.g., fluid retention in the tissues after prolonged trauma of a long run - especially if after a long ride on saturday!

Of course, won't weigh myself tomorrow - we had a Mardi gras "last meat for 6 weeks" feast of steaks grilled on the BBQ and a chocolate cake, as my wife has us giving up chocolate as well, for Lent. Sigh - tho' it'll likely help the weight, sure won't benefit my disposition!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
To those who have not managed to lose 5lbs over 6 weeks......

- Maybe re-examine you reward or dire consequence since they are not working.

- Review guidelines offered by your peers & those of Fitnesscoach in this thread since what you are doing now is not working

- Seek outside resources (i.e. hire Fitnesscoach)

I want all of you to succeed & I don't want to come across as holyer than thou.

Thanks for the tips. I think my problem with my "dire consequence" is that spring outdoor swimming is still a couple months away, so being unable to fit into my wetsuit doesn't feel like an immediate problem.

Unfortunately for me, an additional "dire consequence" that I didn't mention earlier is going to take effect on Saturday when my 2-year-old son starts his "Mommy and Me" swimming class. To fit into my tri suits, I need to be 155 pounds or less. The tri suits are the only swimsuits I own besides my maternity suit, which is so big that I'm likely to have a "wardrobe malfunction" if I wear it. Since I can't wear my tri suits or my maternity suit, I'll need to get an inexpensive swimsuit to wear to my son's class until I lose 5 pounds. (Did I mention that I hate swimsuit shopping?)

I didn't weigh myself on Monday morning because I was exhausted, but last night, I weighed in at 161. My morning weight (which I'm using for the purpose of this challenge) is typically a pound less than my evening weight, so I think I'm around 160. I'll repeat this information in my Monday morning post and you can add it to the site then.

"Real winners aren't content with yesterday's victories"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well Feb 26th = 178lbs,,,,,,,,,,,so no change, boooooooooooooooooooooo.

Too many OLD bad habbits kicked in this week, i thought for sure i'd be UP. DOH!

tfun~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Speedy-

Back down to 119.5

Finally going in the right direction. I think my body was just under a lot of stress from the anemia and holding on to every calorie I took in like my life depended on it. Now I'm finally back to my normal self. Unfortunately, my race is in 5 weeks. Not sure if I'll be able to cut 6 pounds in 5 weeks, but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been sick all week but it brought me down to 172 - only 3 to go!
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure. I'm in a hotel, no scale.

I think Ive gone up so let's say 132.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
209 today Speedy.

Quote | Reply
I'm 221 today, hoping to get some better workouts in this week.

C'mon legs run faster!
Being fast on a crappy bike is cool
Fueled by Guinness, Tuborg, Anchor Steam and Creemore Springs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Down again - 249lbs this morning - on the way back in the right direction - been logging my calories - newsflash: I eat crappy, high fat foods.

=================================
http://www.clydesdaleshavebigbikes.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, Speedy - my weight is unchanged at 153 this morning - all in all, not too unhappy - as I spent last week fighting a nasty achilles tendonitis (following an imprudent half marathon), with no running and little biking, lots of PT; so total training hours last week were WAY down.

Should be an interesting week from a weight standpoint - ramping hours back up (bike + swim) and have two days of a clear liquid diet ahead of me!

Congrats to all who are continuing to lose the weight - and thanks to Speedy for keeping us going!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
222 this week, now to get rid of this sinus infection
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm *finally* down this week. Down 2 to 158. Phew!!

I hope everyone who's not feeling well feels better this week. There's nothing worse than being sick or injured and not being able to train the way you wan to. Get better!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still at 181 and would love to see the 170's in the next few weeks. So close but so far away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
26 Feb: No change, still at 165 :(.

Katherine
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [KatherineV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Down to 189.5 today. I've been yoyoing between 189 and 192 for a few weeks now and hopefully I won't see 19x on the scale again. With this goal in mind, I'm going to be tough on myself this week and be very disciplined. My weight has been changing much lately, but I'm feeling much more fit and toned though.

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back to 128 today....I didn't eat all that well over the weekend (some bad choices) and I think my water consumption was way less last week. But at least it's not going back over 130....plan to keep it that way!

thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm back on track this week! PLUS, we have a SNOW DAY! Gonna go celebrate by getting one last good ski in.

2/26/07 Weigh in: 165 lbs

I was down to as low as 163 this week...if I can get there for an official weigh-in, I'll be 50 pounds lighter than when I started exercising in 2002. I'm feeling really good about getting to my goal weight, and probably below even that. I still have plenty of gut to eliminate, so I feel I can do it without compromising strength or health.

Rock on,

mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Folks,

I'm honestly confused why so many people have rises in their weights plus are having problems dropping weight IF they are actively trying to clean up their nutrition, drink water, and train.

I may be coming across as harsh, but that's not my intent. I'm HONESTLY baffled: if someone has an intent and VALUE to be fitter and healthier, and TRULY changes his/her food intake (knowing that 80% of the battle is food issues), why are there so many people going up in weight... or not budging at all?

I suggest that everyone really WRITE DOWN everything he/she eats (and drinks), and the time you eat it*. Keep a little notebook with you. Approximate portion size also: BE HONEST; this can be completely private. YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR TROUBLE ISSUES. (Sorry about 'yelling' - I'm trying to make a point).

I'm really concerned: I feel like I care about your struggles and everytime I read these Monday reports (not often), I get confused at why so difficult.

If you feel that you are eating wonderfully, drinking PLENTY of water, and training well, there may be another issue you need to investigate:

--Are you getting enough sleep?
--Are you under incredible stress at work and/or at home?-- would you know what levels of stress feel like, or its various signs?
--Do you know of any medical issues which might retain fat (type-2 diabetes, hypothyroidism, on meds, etc)?
--If you don't currently have medical issues, willl you consider visiting a doctor to have a complete physical to discover what's happening on the inside?
--Are you training TOO hard?

Please take care of yourselves. If you notice that you are carrying too much extra fat and you WANT to lose it, you'd make every intent to eat cleaner, train smarter, and get the rest you need. This isn't about "dieting" or quick fixes. This is about every day, making QUALITY CHOICES towards your goal. (Yes, you can still eat a couple of Valentine candies --but a WHOLE BOX won't get you to the body you want, right?)

That's my input... with love.

PS: If you are in the Baltimore-Washington area and are interested in a 3-hr workshop on holistic ("from the bottom-up") weight loss/fitness, I'll be giving one in Ellicott City MD on March 10. I'm announcing this because maybe some people might need a recalibration of their values, intent, and strategies. Contact me for more information if interested. It's cheap and there's a workbook to help.

Best wishes,
Lauren

PS: This is an example of what a written food log would look like:
(My day so far):

7:30am: 1 handful Kashi Go Lean cereal, 1/3c raisins, 1/2c unsweetened soy milk, 1c ice coffee (hungry when started, feel satiated when finished)

9:50am: 1/2c iced coffee (still full from brkfst so I must have eaten too much)

-------------------------

Lauren Muney
certified physical fitness trainer
certified health coach
wellcoach
http://www.physicalmind.com

There is no escape from your life... solve the problems and get on with it.

"Just tell her you love her and you think she kicks ass" ~AndrewinNH

"I'm moving [Lauren] to guru status" ~Last Tri in 83
Last edited by: Fitnesscoach: Feb 26, 07 6:53
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [Fitnesscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the BOOT Lauren,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i am going to use your suggestions of writing my food down, overall i am doing WELL but know i can do allot better.

Lets go folks, less EXCUSES and more ACTION!

tfun~
Quote Reply
Re: Drop the Dough / Blue's Battle of the Bulge [Fitnesscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lauren - I'm one of those people that have been struggling with this. My weight has been going up and down each week within a 2 - 3 lb range. I don't want to "diet" to lose this weight. I want to eat normally and reduce the portions to lose it. I believe this is the only way I can take off the weight and keep it off. I'm already down about 10 lbs from last year at this time. What I'm finding now at this plateau I'm on is that I have to adjust what I'm eating again to get down lower. I reduced in order to get that 10 lbs off and now I have to reduce again.

I know what I need to do. It's just putting it into action that I have trouble with. I have a few hours each day that are trouble times. From about 1:00 to 4:00 each day is my danger zone. I end up snacking too much and too many times and then I blow it. As I said, I know what I'm doing wrong, but I've got to get control of every single thing I put in my mouth in order to lose each week. It's the difference between what I plan to do and what I actually end up doing that is causing my problems with weight loss. I'll get control of it (and slowly I am), but it's still a struggle.
Quote Reply

Prev Next