Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Documenting a POV triathlon with video...what do I need to know?
Quote | Reply
I won the Alcatraz lottery and am gearing up for the race. I want to enjoy the experience as much as possible. I am going to do my best, but this race is unique and I really will have nothing to compare my time to.

That said, I'm thinking about wearing a GoPro/Virb or something like that to document that S/B/R. Who else has done this?

At this point, I have nothing so I would need the camera and all of the mounting hardware to make this happen. Surely someone else has done this and has some experience. Ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Documenting a POV triathlon with video...what do I need to know? [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Google AirDog.... you can film the whole event including the swim without aero or weight penalties. You can use it to supplement the gopro footage. Ideally youd have two drones with different preprogrammed altitude ranges. You can use your phone to pilot the drone to capture Alcatraz island the morning of the race just as the sun risrs. This could be nice with the baywatch theme music.

Then at the bike dismount, critical aid station and finish you could use a go pro array 40 to really add a cherry to the montage
Quote Reply
Re: Documenting a POV triathlon with video...what do I need to know? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just have to finish the entire event in 15-20 minutes (the flight time of the AirDog).
Quote Reply
Re: Documenting a POV triathlon with video...what do I need to know? [Drdan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Oh, that might be prohibitive !

then perhaps these for the swim :

these for the bike :

run?

Quote Reply